McElwain going after FSU recruits

He can go after whoever he wants to. People won't care until he flips one or two... By the way, I hear Cecile Cherry is available...

Reactions: 2 people
and the dead period coming up this class probably sucks but ill judge him on next yrs when actually has some time

alot of gators fans think we have a couple 5 stars locks but im not convinced and the fact their waiting till national signing day is scary

would be nice to see what our coaching staff is gonna look like soon

sounds like the kids listening tho and rashard higgins is a beast he's 1 of the 3 finalists for the top wr in the country along with kevin white and amari cooper

and the dead period coming up this class probably sucks but ill judge him on next yrs when actually has some time

alot of gators fans think we have a couple 5 stars locks but im not convinced and the fact their waiting till national signing day is scary

sounds like the kids listening tho and rashard higgins is a beast he's 1 of the 3 finalists for the top wr in the country along with kevin white and amari cooper

Has he hired an OC or DC yet?

You mean he's doing his job? Groundbreaking.

I don't think you are getting the real point of this. Muschamp handed the kid on a silver platter to FSU by telling him we'd want him as a TE, not at WR, which is what he wants to play. McElwain has quite the track record with that particular position and we Gator fans are hopeful he's going to be taken seriously as someone who can secure top flight recruits for that position (and others on offense).

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think you are getting the real point of this. Muschamp handed the kid on a silver platter to FSU by telling him we'd want him as a TE, not at WR, which is what he wants to play. McElwain has quite the track record with that particular position and we Gator fans are hopeful he's going to be taken seriously as someone who can secure top flight recruits for that position (and others on offense).

Amen brother.

When I saw 2015 recruit Kalif Jackson...all 6-5 and 195 lbs of him...listed as a TE, I knew Muschamp had no clue about evaluating offensive talent.

McElwain comes in and immediately says Jackson will now play WR.

Amen brother.

When I saw 2015 recruit Kalif Jackson...all 6-5 and 195 lbs of him...listed as a TE, I knew Muschamp had no clue about evaluating offensive talent.

McElwain comes in and immediately says Jackson will now play WR.

That was Roper and his "B" position.

Reactions: 1 person

That's fair. Most on here were worried about Butch being able to recruit when he was hired around the same week 2 years ago. His first class was mostly just shoring up what Dooley had started and landed in the 20s. The know-it-alls were freaking out about "the best staff in America" from the Big East not being able to recruit SEC quality players. Fast forward 2 full cycles and we are looking at back to back Top 5 classes.

This class is going to be tough for FL to salvage but I bet McElwain bounces back with a top 10 class next year.

VN Store

Back