What are the odds Michigan hires Kiffin?

I know it's not over yet and they could still make a good hire, but they seem to have botched this pretty badly. They should have had a better plan for this once this season started. It comes across like they didn't prepare for this at all. Maybe they thought like UT did that it was a destination despite the recent declines.

I know it's not over yet and they could still make a good hire, but they seem to have botched this pretty badly. They should have had a better plan for this once this season started. It comes across like they didn't prepare for this at all. Maybe they thought like UT did that it was a destination despite the recent declines.

Or, maybe they didn't plan for it because they thought they might actually go the other direction this year and it would not need addressing.

Or, maybe they didn't plan for it because they thought they might actually go the other direction this year and it would not need addressing.

There should always be a contingency plan. If they don't get a home run hire, then their recruiting will be destroyed for this year and it will just set them back further.

Let Kiffin have one more year under Saban and they win this year coming up and put up great Off statistics, mark my words Kiffin will be a HFC somewhere in 2016

Reactions: 1 person

No, they have been wanting to fire him pretty much after the first couple of games. Then the season got worse. If any team should have had a backup plan and prepared for a new hire, it would have been Michigan. But, they are running into what fla and UT dealt with. You have these visions of deciding between several coaches wanting to take the job, to damn, no one wants the job on my list. Get a search firm on the phone, ASAP.

I don't think a major program is going to hire Kiffin for a while. In the next year or two, he'll get a gig at a smaller program. If he proves competent, bigger opportunities will come up later.

I think he will be the next coach at Virginia after next season. I know it's random but I think that program will try to do something to boost recruiting and try to become relevant.

I think he will be the next coach at Virginia after next season. I know it's random but I think that program will try to do something to boost recruiting and try to become relevant.

There are a ton of programs like that why Virginia in particular? I don't know anything about the program so I am curious why you feel they would go that route.

As a UVA alum I would love it, but doubt it happens. They'll hire someone of Pete Lembo's ilk. When 7/8 games a year and be happy. There aren't enough people inside the university who care about football.

Reactions: 1 person
Let Kiffin have one more year under Saban and they win this year coming up and put up great Off statistics, mark my words Kiffin will be a HFC somewhere in 2016

I agree, but wouldn't be surprised if he leaves after this year.

As a UVA alum I would love it, but doubt it happens. They'll hire someone of Pete Lembo's ilk. When 7/8 games a year and be happy. There aren't enough people inside the university who care about football.

I think that Beamer is going to be done after next year at VT. Virginia did some good things at times with Al Grohl and then it has been down for a while. If Beamer leaves VT next year, it would be the type of splash hire that could put Virginia on the map, in the news, and maybe ahead of VT, as I don't think Bud Foster will be a good HC. UVA is not a traditional power football program so it might be a good fit. Just speculating.

VN Store

Back