Michigan Back To Looking At Miles

VolnJC

From the same report, they offered the job to Cutcliffe and he turned it down.

Michigan: Scout.com’s Sam Webb reports Michigan reached out to Les Miles’ agent on Tuesday. LSU athletic director Joe Alleva tells The Advocate that Michigan nor Miles' agent has contacted him. In addition, 247 Sports reports the Wolverines have reached out to Duke head coach David Cutcliffe. NFL.com’s Gil Brandt reports Michigan offered the job, but Cutcliffe turned it down.

From the same report, they offered the job to Cutcliffe and he turned it down.

Michigan: Scout.com’s Sam Webb reports Michigan reached out to Les Miles’ agent on Tuesday. LSU athletic director Joe Alleva tells The Advocate that Michigan nor Miles' agent has contacted him. In addition, 247 Sports reports the Wolverines have reached out to Duke head coach David Cutcliffe. NFL.com’s Gil Brandt reports Michigan offered the job, but Cutcliffe turned it down.

Weird methodology...am I remembering right that this interim AD isn't using a search firm and is doing it ala Hart?

No, they hired a firm. Michigan fans are freaking out on Twitter on the rumor the Cut was offered. They're saying the search firm is ruining the search.

@mdtoaster: More concerning than Michigan apparently getting turned down by the Duke football coach is that he was actually offered the job.

There are others convinced that if no coach is announced before next Friday that it means Harbaugh is coming.

Eerily similar to Volnation post-Dooley search

Reactions: 5 people
It kinda wouldn't shock me if Miles left this time.

Shocked about cutcliffe getting an offer since he isnt a "michigan man" seems like thats all they ever offer.

That's what I wanted us to do before we hired Butch. I really like Butch but Patterson is probably the better coach. Hope like hell Butch proves me wrong.

Patterson married a TCU alum and is established in Fort Worth, which is a great place to live. Why would he want to leave TCU for Michigan, especially when he has things rolling right now?

Reactions: 1 person
That's what I wanted us to do before we hired Butch. I really like Butch but Patterson is probably the better coach. Hope like hell Butch proves me wrong.
Yup Patterson was my first choice but we got the right guy for the job with Butch.

Patterson married a TCU alum and is established in Fort Worth, which is a great place to live. Why would he want to leave TCU for Michigan, especially when he has things rolling right now?
Money talks plus if the the Big 12 doesn't get more members they might find themselves left out of the playoff many more times in the future. This was probably the best team Gary has had since he's been coach at TCU and he is on the outside looking in.

Money talks plus if the the Big 12 doesn't get more members they might find themselves left out of the playoff many more times in the future. This was probably the best team Gary has had since he's been coach at TCU and he is on the outside looking in.

Money talks and BS walks... for a good number of people anyway.

Think if I was Meechigun I would offer up 7 mil a year and see if Patterson was one of those people.

He shouldnt. But if a big orange bus full of money had shown up on his door step offering him a job, he would have been an idiot for not taking it!

VN Store

Back