David Cutcliffe approached by Michigan

I take it to mean their list was very short and they've already burned through it with no contingency plan.

It sure seems that way. I'm not sure why. It's not like they were caught off guard by the coaching vacancy. They have known it was probable for probably well over a year and for sure for months.

It sure seems that way. I'm not sure why. It's not like they were caught off guard by the coaching vacancy. They have known it was probable for probably well over a year and for sure for months.

Michigan if they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for a head coach they could hire Dave Doeren of NC State(a very good coach with not much to work with at NCSU) and the Western Michigan head coach P.J Fleck who's done a hell of a job turning things around at WMU.

They have apparently approached Jay Gruden. Jay was asked about it and he was like "who me? You mean my brother?" And wasn't smooth about it

Damn: he's crazy not to give the Michigan job a go before he retires. You gotta go for the brass ring! Cut's done a very nice job at Duke--but it's Duke--and in the end no coach is going to accomplish much at Duke.

Duke doesn't seem like a permanent stop for a good football coach (see Spurrier). But, don't know that Cut would be interested in starting a rebuild at age 60 in the high pressure situation that Michigan is in.

Damn: he's crazy not to give the Michigan job a go before he retires. You gotta go for the brass ring! Cut's done a very nice job at Duke--but it's Duke--and in the end no coach is going to accomplish much at Duke.

He's already making a lot of money with a lot less stress at Duke

Reactions: 1 person
Why in God's name would a 60 something making $2 million with no pressure voluntarily move to crappy weather and a delusional fanbase that thinks it's 1978?

Reactions: 20 people
Duke doesn't seem like a permanent stop for a good football coach (see Spurrier). But, don't know that Cut would be interested in starting a rebuild at age 60 in the high pressure situation that Michigan is in.

Good point and I agree but if mi gives him a handsome retirement contract then I wouldn't blame him. After what he's done at Duke it doesn't seem far fetched.

Michigan shouldn't be looking at anybody over 50. That place needs energy.

He's got it made at Duke. It's a BB school and a historical loser program in football that he has playing at a respectable level. He is making bank and had no pressure on him at all.

VN Store

Back