Vandy fired OC and DC.

AndyMizunogolfer

I knew they had fired the OC after UT game. I just now saw on espn blog they also fired the DC. This should be interesting to see who they will get in those spots. Going to be a hard sell when the entire fanbase wants the HC gone.

Look for them to get Gruden as OC and Kirby Smart at DC. They will be a powerhouse very soon.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sure there's a couple of 2A High School coaches that would like a raise.

But then again, it's Vandy so it's kind of a lateral move for them.

They should fire their HC, IMO.
You have to figure thats probably coming if they dont improve next year. Although I am not sure who is going to come to them thats a decent Coor. Thats why Dooley got Sunseri. Every other DC was not coming to get fired in a year.

I knew they had fired the OC after UT game. I just now saw on espn blog they also fired the DC. This should be interesting to see who they will get in those spots. Going to be a hard sell when the entire fanbase wants the HC gone.

I bet Derek Dooley is available as OC.

Could you imagine Mason and Dooley together? They'd have to nuke the joint to get the suck out...

I bet Derek Dooley is available as OC.

Could you imagine Mason and Dooley together? They'd have to nuke the joint to get the suck out...

Derek Mason head coach
Derek Dooley offensive coordinator
Sal Sunseri defensive coordinator

Reactions: 5 people
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the powers that be at Vandy told him the DC and OC go or you go.

I don't doubt it, but it don't make sense. I'm sure it made cents though. I mean after the 1st year? Where is the continuity?

Vanderbilt should have bitten the bullet and do the smart thing and fire Derek Mason.

I don't doubt it, but it don't make sense. I'm sure it made cents though. I mean after the 1st year? Where is the continuity?

Williams couldn't fire Mason because that would be admitting he royally screwed up hiring him as Franklin's replacement. But he also knew zero action would look just as bad so he likely did the best thing he could, forced Mason to essentially clean house.

Well, eventually they will get it right.lol
I knew mason was a twit on the Sec preview show on secn at the beginning of the year. He showcased a jr high tackling drill on a one man sled in his allotted time segment.

It's amazing how much power 3 people can wield.

Ah, Vandy back to the old Vandy ways. Firing OCs and DCs after one year isn't a good message if you want to bring in new coaches. The implosion continues.

VN Store

Back