Cam Newton involved in serious accident: truck flipped 3 times

Pretty scary.

The sad part is when I went to ESPN to read more the headline was about Manziel starting this weekend.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow. That doesn't look good.

Reports sound like he's not too badly hurt; hope that's the case.

There's a picture of him conscious and smiling on the ground, so hopefully he's ok. Hopefully there aren't any internal injuries.

Yeah, now it's being reported that he didn't suffer any injuries! Amazing if true. He's extremely lucky and must have been wearing his seatbelt.

Yeah, now it's being reported that he didn't suffer any injuries! Amazing if true. He's extremely lucky and must have been wearing his seatbelt.

God was looking out for him! I would think you would need nascar type protection to make it unhurt out of that.

I just read a report that he was injured and visibly in lots of pain.

I read he had 2 lower back fractures. Sounded like it was pretty minimal injuries though for the kinda wreck flipping 3 times.

I work in Uptown Charlotte about 2 blocks away from the accident, and it was crazy after the news was released. Rumors ranged from serious injuries (2 broken legs) to stories that his truck flipped off of the overpass onto I-277 and there were several serious injuries. There are always accidents at that intersection (4th most in Charlotte), and it seems that someone just ran a stop sign and hit him at full speed. He's lucky it wasn't much worse.

Thankfully he is OK and only suffered somewhat minor injuries - as minor as two fractures in your lower back can be - But I would imagine that he'll be done for the year, even though Carolina is still in control of their own destiny in the horrible NFC South.

There were some pretty poor taste jokes being made on Sports Radio in Charlotte, even with Cam still in the hospital. Don't get me wrong, they were funny, but definitely too soon.

One person said, "He should be fine. Cam is used to recovering after multiple turnovers.", and another person said, "Another Cam Newton drive ends in a turnover."

There were some pretty poor taste jokes being made on Sports Radio in Charlotte, even with Cam still in the hospital. Don't get me wrong, they were funny, but definitely too soon.

One person said, "He should be fine. Cam is used to recovering after multiple turnovers.", and another person said, "Another Cam Newton drive ends in a turnover."

HORRIBLE!!!
But you have to laugh. I would bet that Newton would laugh too.... but it would hurt

Cam always seems to have a smile on his face. He's just an all around happy guy. I wish him the best, and I hope he recovers quickly.

That was almost 4 years ago. If someone wrote a characterization of me at 22 and then again at 26, the one at 26 would look a whole lot more favorable. Maturity happens.

I'm not saying he's immature. I'm saying it was pointed out years ago that he knows where the cameras are and is "on" for them. Yesterday backs that up.

Was prob laughing cause he was the only one who knew where the baggie landed.

VN Store

Back