Big12 Coaches on the move??

Dougie_D

Unless the Big12 committee decides to have a conference championship, all the teams will have a disadvantage of not getting to play against another quality opponent, which is a deciding factor for the CFP.

Thoughts?

As the TCU coach said, maybe they need to go undefeated. TCU missed out by 4 points.

It wouldn't have mattered if TCU or Baylor was undefeated. This was a money driven decision. Theres no way Ohio State would be in this thing if it was Texas sitting there at 11-1 against the TCU or Baylor schedule. There's no room for Cinderella in a four team bracket.

Reactions: 1 person
Unless the Big12 committee decides to have a conference championship,

That's not how it works.

all the teams will have a disadvantage of not getting to play against another quality opponent, which is a deciding factor for the CFP.

Thoughts?

And you think this is going to cause Big 12 coaches (at FBS-level colleges) to leave their jobs?

It wouldn't have mattered if TCU or Baylor was undefeated. This was a money driven decision. Theres no way Ohio State would be in this thing if it was Texas sitting there at 11-1 against the TCU or Baylor schedule. There's no room for Cinderella in a four team bracket.

Then the coaches will just leave to a better school now! haha! They are probably calling Michigan!

That's not how it works.

And you think this is going to cause Big 12 coaches (at FBS-level colleges) to leave their jobs?

Yes. Absolutely. Stoops looks like he will jump to NFL now. Then I can see Baylor coach to Oklahoma and Anderson to ?? Michigan!

Then the coaches will just leave to a better school now! haha! They are probably calling Michigan!

Not how a coaching search works...nor are they going to leave most of these jobs when there aren't enough available positions (and when many of them would end up getting paid less).

Not how a coaching search works...nor are they going to leave most of these jobs when there aren't enough available positions (and when many of them would end up getting paid less).

When your commish flat out says they have re-model the way they pick their champions, it's a big deal. They have to have 2 more teams in their division to have a conference championship game..and that might be in the next 4 years anyways.

I know how coaching searches work. I'm saying, that if these guys have an opportunity to go to a bigger conference, they will IMO.

The Big12 commish might resign after all of this too.

Patterson and Briles are pretty well locked down. Baylor need to schedule better but who in their right mind wants to play them?

When your commish flat out says they have re-model the way they pick their champions, it's a big deal. They have to have 2 more teams in their division to have a conference championship game..and that might be in the next 4 years anyways.

I know how coaching searches work. I'm saying, that if these guys have an opportunity to go to a bigger conference, they will IMO.

The Big 12 commissioner answers to Texas. That's it. Texas is probably good with the way things worked out.

If all things being equal but put TX in with Baylor's SOS and put Baylor with TX record then I think OSU still gets in. They're both big market programs and OSU would've had the better SOS than TX. No way you could pick TX over OSU. VT is bad this year but they're better than anyone Baylor played OOC.

If all things being equal but put TX in with Baylor's SOS and put Baylor with TX record then I think OSU still gets in. They're both big market programs and OSU would've had the better SOS than TX. No way you could pick TX over OSU. VT is bad this year but they're better than anyone Baylor played OOC.
If Texas was 11-1 with Baylor record there would not have been co-champions which is supposedly the big difference.

If Texas was 11-1 with Baylor record there would not have been co-champions which is supposedly the big difference.

Bowsby says their bylaws call for co-champs and he can't change them just to suit Briles. I don't care enough to look up their bylaws so I'll just go with what he says. Their bylaws do need to change though.

Bowsby says their bylaws call for co-champs and he can't change them just to suit Briles. I don't care enough to look up their bylaws so I'll just go with what he says. Their bylaws do need to change though.

SEC rules said you can't play ball if your immediate family members shop your services. Somehow the Holy and Pure Mike Slive decided not to enforce it when Auburn lawyered up and it would've cost the conference a BCS shot.

When your commish flat out says they have re-model the way they pick their champions, it's a big deal.

That statement was made in response to the whole "we'll name them both co-champions fiasco.

They have to have 2 more teams in their division to have a conference championship game..and that might be in the next 4 years anyways.

(2 more teams in their conference, not division; they don't have divisions)

That's not decided by a committee though. That's the member schools themselves taking a vote and deciding to extend an offer of membership. And that's going to take a look (mainly) into financial gains and losses the conference (mainly the schools individually) would take in return.

Unless they're getting drastically different salaries, then probably not.

Doubtful. He wasn't the one that kept the conference at the membership level it has.

I mean Patterson... sound and look the same. It's sunday. give me a break! haha!

I don't think Michigan's even considering Patterson. That said, I'm also not sure he'd really want to leave a program like this that he put so much effort into building, either.

Then why did they spend the entire season pushing their "one true champion" BS?

Water under the bridge now but they showed the bylaws on SECN and the bylaws clearly state that a champion will be named based on head to head results. They also showed a quote by the commissioner this summer where he said there would not be a tie for conference champion. The fact is that the Big 12 was maintained on the say so of Texas and to a lesser extent the Oklahoma programs. Everyone else in the Big 12 is lucky not to be in CUSA. The Big 12 commissioner sure as heck isn't going to fight for TCU or Baylor.

Stoops isn't going anywhere. Briles is a Texan through and through and is not leaving that state. Patterson has had chances but always stays. Those private schools don't reveal the salaries so who knows what they are making, but because "everything is bigger in Texas" I would imagine that includes their undisclosed salaries.

I loved all the "One true champion" media hype only to end up naming "co-champs" WTF?!?!

VN Store

Back