TCU left out

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Tough break for them. I was hoping to see them get in.

Reactions: 4 people
There is always gonna be somebody left out. I think they should go to 8 though

Reactions: 1 person
BCS 2.0

If we go by how the committee has been ranking them then I have no idea why TCU should get penalized for winning 55-3 over a bad team. Maybe if it had been closer. But then were 3rd for some reason and then get bumped down two all of a sudden. Musical chairs with the ranking by the committee.

Reactions: 3 people
BCS 2.0

If we go by how the committee has been ranking them then I have no idea why TCU should get penalized for winning 55-3 over a bad team. Maybe if it had been closer. But then were 3rd for some reason and then get bumped down two all of a sudden. Musical chairs with the ranking by the committee.
Because it's a week to week thing and hammering Wisconsin with your 3rd string QB is a lot more impressive than beating Iowa State.

Was hoping for the same. But: Ohio's better than both Baylor and TCU by the metrics and Cardale Jones is apparently Air McNair so I'm cool with it.

I understand why it happened; I guess part of me was curious to see how they'd fare. Ohio State's win yesterday was certainly impressive, but it's tough for TCU to win by 52 (against a scrub team, granted) and drop out.

Because it's a week to week thing and hammering Wisconsin with your 3rd string QB is a lot more impressive than beating Iowa State.

If they had ranked TCU 4th to begin with I'd almost be fine with it. I just don't know if they should get jumped by two other schools. TCU can't change the schedule. They get ranked 3rd, and then get a blowout win. Obviously OSU had a ridiculous win over a good team, but TCU has to be butthurt about being jumped when they did all they could.

The consistency of the rankings week to week needs to be better.

I understand why it happened; I guess part of me was curious to see how they'd fare. Ohio State's win yesterday was certainly impressive, but it's tough for TCU to win by 52 (against a scrub team, granted) and drop out.

This.

If I'm a TCU fan then you have to wondering how you can win by 50 points and get passed. No matter what other teams did it has to suck.

The fatal flaw of the committee, amongst other major flaws (such as letting old white dudes decide the four teams), was having weekly rankings.

Reactions: 2 people
Big 12's lack of a title game hurt both of its playoff-worthy teams. Truly sad for TCU as I was pulling for them to get in.

Hopefully, this becomes the Big 12's wake-up call to form a championship game. Also, the playoff needs to be expanded to 8 immediately.

Reactions: 1 person
This.

If I'm a TCU fan then you have to wondering how you can win by 50 points and get passed. No matter what other teams did it has to suck.

Oh, I'd be losing my mind if I'm TCU fan, but in the end, think OSU has a better case.

VN Store

Back