Baylor, OSU, or TCU?

Who should be in the last spot of the playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vol knight

Text a Buddy!
I think we can all agree that Alabama, Oregon, and Florida State are locks for the playoffs. The question is who deserves to be in the last spot and why?

Baylor should get it, but OSU will get it. ESPN is in full campaign mode selling OSU.

Reactions: 3 people
Baylor should get it, but OSU will get it. ESPN is in full campaign mode selling OSU.

I agree with this. I think Herbie has mentioned every single week that OSU has been playing well since that loss to VT and many people on TV have as well. If I had to make a prediction, it would be:

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. OSU

Bama beats OSU like 45-10 and Oregon beats FSU like 52 to 31 and then bama and oregon is a coin toss.

Prediction for what will happen (not what should happen):
1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. Ohio St
4. FSU

Not only will they put OSU in over TCU/Baylor, they'll put them above FSU to get that Big10/Pac10 Rose Bowl

Reactions: 2 people
I voted TCU because I have an irrational dislike for Baylor and a well deserved hatred for OSU.

Ultimately, I think it's Oregon/Bama for the NC. As much as it pains me, I'll pull for the tide. I know many don't believe in rooting for conference mates, but think how many times strength of conference has been mentioned just tonight. Bama winning will suck, but ultimately it's best for UT. We have to keep the SEC strong so that when our day comes, we're not the ones on the outside looking in. Sad truth.

Taking off the bias and watching how OSU closed I think you have to give them the nod. Had it been close against Wisconsin then Baylor. I despise OSU but that's the way I see it. You cannot keep out an undefeated and reigning champion fsu. Bama and OSU looked like the complete teams. If those 2 play the semi I expect it to be more competitive than the final.

Any of the three are better than FSU.

I hate FSU, but no way in hell do you keep an undefeated champion of a power 5 conference out of the play-offs. I hope somebody takes them behind the woodshed and spanks them black and blue, but they've earned their spot in the top 4.

I hate FSU, but no way in hell do you keep an undefeated champion of a power 5 conference out of the play-offs. I hope somebody takes them behind the woodshed and spanks them black and blue, but they've earned their spot in the top 4.

This. People have to get over their dislike for JW.

Before tonight i was all for Baylor to get in over TCU, but i can honestly say the OSU game tonight was very impressive. Also OSU is a true conference champ, Baylor isnt but that's because of the dumbass conference splitting it. I don't know who i would put in between OSU and Baylor but i do know i would hate to be on that committee tonight.

Taking off the bias and watching how OSU closed I think you have to give them the nod. Had it been close against Wisconsin then Baylor. I despise OSU but that's the way I see it. You cannot keep out an undefeated and reigning champion fsu. Bama and OSU looked like the complete teams. If those 2 play the semi I expect it to be more competitive than the final.

If today was the only day that mattered, I'd see your point, but the final four should be made on their entire body of work. Given that, I still say Baylor should get #4 and OSU should be odd man out.

FSU has looked bad lately(compared to the other potential teams). They are not playing like they want to go to the playoff. The Noles are playing like they are entitled to a playoff spot. I expect them to lose no matter who their opponent is in the first round. They will be there, but they don't deserve to be.

The title game will be Bama vs Oregon, no matter when they play.

FSU has looked bad lately(compared to the other potential teams). They are not playing like they want to go to the playoff. The Noles are playing like they are entitled to a playoff spot. I expect them to lose no matter who their opponent is in the first round. They will be there, but they don't deserve to be.

The title game will be Bama vs Oregon, no matter when they play.

Undefeated says yes, they do deserve to be there. Have their wins been ugly? Yes. Have they lost a game? No. How does this concept escape people?

The announcers who called the OSU game on Fox were so far up their @$$ they could smell urbans breath. Ohio State should not make it in based on a national media campaign .

What's really sad is the Big 12 commissioner is screwing his conference presenting co-champions to the committee. Big 12 bylaws indicate that even though they have identical records, Baylor should be presented as their bowl representative based on winning the head-to-head match up. It's in their own rule book, yet he's just decided to wing it and put them both up there. That's just ludicrous imo.

What's really sad is the Big 12 commissioner is screwing his conference presenting co-champions to the committee. Big 12 bylaws indicate that even though they have identical records, Baylor should be presented as their bowl representative based on winning the head-to-head match up. It's in their own rule book, yet he's just decided to wing it and put them both up there. That's just ludicrous imo.

Yep and i hate it for Baylor, but i have no issue "sticking" it to the Big 12 for that reason.

I was hopeful for Baylor but the committee will ultimately choose OSU for the last slot, and ESPN will be happy that the "campaign" worked.

The B1G brass may have got their team in the playoff in epic fashion. The only way it could.

I think TCU has the most deserving resume. The have as many or more quality wins as the other two teams, as well as the best loss of the the bunch.

Why does Oregon get a pass by everyone but TCU, OSU, and Baylor don't? The Big XII is better than the Pac12 imo...

VN Store

Back