Pearl and Auburn Off To Rough Start

Impossible. SamRebel35 told me Pearl could take a team of 13 Skylar McBees to the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm a Bruce fan, but those announcers last night were gushing about him like he was John Wooden. Weird...

To be fair, the roster is what it is: the worst or second-worst in the SEC.

But yes, this is pretty fun to watch if you like watching VN

Reactions: 2 people
To be fair, the roster is what it is: the worst or second-worst in the SEC.

But yes, this is pretty fun to watch if you like watching VN

Yes, but that's what all level headed fans were trying to tell the window lickers who kept proclaiming how Pearl would repeat what he did his first year at UT.

Which is funny to read Twitter, NOW many are pointing out how good Pearl inherited here; which the same people were giving Pearl all of the credit before the season started.

Reactions: 1 person
I like Pearl too. I didn't say they would be great his first year, but said once he has a few recruiting years they will challenge in the tourney for a few wins. Why do you guys hate Pearl so much? I thought most on here were with retaining him even with the suspension for the barbeque fiasco.

I like Pearl too. I didn't say they would be great his first year, but said once he has a few recruiting years they will challenge in the tourney for a few wins. Why do you guys hate Pearl so much? I thought most on here were with retaining him even with the suspension for the barbeque fiasco.

I don't hate him; I hate the people who can't get over him and hope Tyndall fails and that Auburn does well so they can say "I told you so!" And don't even try argue there aren't people on this very board like that.

And because he went to another SEC school, I hope he fails.

Reactions: 2 people

He always burns the ribs....

I don't want him to beat us in any game. As far as some people wanting our team to suck for personal reasons is rampant in the football forum. But really, are those fans really fans of Tennessee?

A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something, such as a band, a sports team, a book or entertainer. Collectively, fans of a particular thing or person constitute its fanbase or fandom. They may show their enthusiasm by being members of a fan club, holding or participating in fan conventions, creating fanzines, writing fan mail, promoting the object of their interest and attention, or drawing fan art.

Maybe Pearl is purposely tanking so he can get fired for when Donnie Knox gets axed....
:crazy:

I don't hate him; I hate the people who can't get over him and hope Tyndall fails and that Auburn does well so they can say "I told you so!" And don't even try argue there aren't people on this very board like that.

And because he went to another SEC school, I hope he fails.

Exactly

Reactions: 1 person
Should be noted that Mason has been hurt and not playing. Not saying it changes the outcomes of all those games but with him in there, they win a couple of those. He was likely going to be the bread and butter of Pearls offense and would have taken a lot of attention off of guys like Harrell and that 3 point shooting kid.

Still, Auburn is going to struggle probably more than any of Pearls other teams did. The drop off is significant when you look at the bench. He doesn't have the shooters and he's undersized in the paint. Auburn has been impressive when teams settle into their half court sets though. I was shocked to see Pearl use so many different defenses. When they get healthy, they should be better but Tennessee shoudln't lose to them

I'd take him back over what we have rite now in a heart beat!!! I love the VOLS and will support them all year every year. But will also be rootin for Pearl, except when playin us!

VN Store

Back