And someone's already registered "FireJimMcElwain.com"

TrueOrange

Florida fans: FireJimMcElwain.com already exists

Fans don’t waste any time do they?

According to Russ Wood of Rivals.com, the domain name FireJimMcElwain.com already exists.

The website domain name is registered to a man named Wes Plympton from St. Augustine, Fla.

Luckily for Mr. Plympton, his gamble paid off. He registered the domain name Tuesday evening, nearly two full days before McElwain was even hired.

We’ve seen these kinds of websites pop up for nearly every head coach in college football it seems like. Even websites dedicated to hiring a coach are often a thing, as we witnessed earlier in the season thanks to WeWantDan.com.

But this may be a new record in regard to a website dedicated to the firing of a coach. McElwain, who officially became Florida’s next head coach on Thursday has yet to even coach a game for the Gators.

Actually, he hasn’t even had his introductory press conference yet.

I understand that this Mr. Plympton is probably just hoping to a make a quick buck in the event that the McElwain hire implodes on the Gators in a few years, but this may be a little bit presumptuous.

Either way, Gator Nation is hoping this time around, a website dedicated to the firing of their coach won’t be a necessity.

Reactions: 1 person
This guy is crazy, but may turn out to be a genius.

I wonder how that works.. if someone did eventually want to buy the domain off the guy.. would they contact the web hosting company that this guy used to register the domain?

Would they just contact this guy directly? How do you even sell a domain to someone? Surely it would have to go through some sort of broker

I'm kind of surprised the universities haven't started to buy these things up preventatively...but then again many of them are working with what's essentially state money, aren't they?

(granted this one came before the hire, but still)

The fire Ron Zook site set the tend for all these tgle of sites. Gotta love Gator Nation. Its like Gates forget how far as a program we've come.

I wonder how that works.. if someone did eventually want to buy the domain off the guy.. would they contact the web hosting company that this guy used to register the domain?

Would they just contact this guy directly? How do you even sell a domain to someone? Surely it would have to go through some sort of broker

I remember some random dude registered Warren Sapp dot com. Sapp told the story about it back when he joined the NFL Network. He said his only choices were to have either paid the man off or get another domain name. Simple as that. Domain names are first come, first serve.

Tell them if they need any help getting a petition together to give us a call.

Nope, it's pretty easy to contact directly.

Domain Name: firejimmcelwain.com
Registry Domain ID: 1888378310_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.register.com
Registrar URL: Register Domain Names at Register.com - Business Web Hosting Services and Domain Name Registration Provider
Updated Date: 2014-12-02T05:00:00Z
Creation Date: 2014-12-02T19:28:52Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-12-02T05:00:00Z
Registrar: Register.com, LLC.
Registrar IANA ID: 9
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@web.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.8773812449
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: WES PLYMPTON
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 7648 Lem Turner Rd
Registrant City: Jacksonville
Registrant State/Province: FL
Registrant Postal Code: 32208
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.9047651506
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext.:
Registrant Email: flhealth@yahoo.com

The fire Ron Zook site set the tend for all these tgle of sites. Gotta love Gator Nation. Its like Gates forget how far as a program we've come.

Don't know what you got til it's gone. I'm 29 and up until six years ago I grew up with Tennessee football success. I was very spoiled. I got super jaded, luckily Butch is restoring my faith.

Many registers will attempt to make the purchase on your behalf, even if the domain is utilizing a private registration service such as WhoisGuard or similar.

If you just want to sell many registers offer a domain marketplace for domains registered through them, and if you prefer a completely open system then there are third party escrow services also like sedo.com or flippa.com

I trolled there back in the day. That site was epic especially when that idiot got po'd and hacked the site shutting it down

Nope, it's pretty easy to contact directly.

Domain Name: firejimmcelwain.com
Registry Domain ID: 1888378310_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.register.com
Registrar URL: Register Domain Names at Register.com - Business Web Hosting Services and Domain Name Registration Provider
Updated Date: 2014-12-02T05:00:00Z
Creation Date: 2014-12-02T19:28:52Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-12-02T05:00:00Z
Registrar: Register.com, LLC.
Registrar IANA ID: 9
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@web.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.8773812449
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: WES PLYMPTON
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 7648 Lem Turner Rd
Registrant City: Jacksonville
Registrant State/Province: FL
Registrant Postal Code: 32208
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.9047651506
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext.:
Registrant Email: flhealth@yahoo.com

I have the fire calipari domain for when ya'll get the death penalty. I'm gonna clean up.

I remember some random dude registered Warren Sapp dot com. Sapp told the story about it back when he joined the NFL Network. He said his only choices were to have either paid the man off or get another domain name. Simple as that. Domain names are first come, first serve.

You could really troll athletes while they are in college. Domains are cheap. You see a potential star in the making you can snatch up all the domains associated with his/her name before they even think about it.

I stand by that as being a fair thing. This is holy crap though. 2 days after the hire? Lol

Shockingly, amongst the 2 million or so Gator fans there are a few who aren't sure about this hire. I'm sure the new coach cried himself to sleep over this.

Reactions: 1 person
He said his dog could QB and beat anyone! LOL! Doesn't say a lot about the new coach and confidence in the team, unless he's kidding.

I haven't read anywhere that the owner of the domain is a gator fan

VN Store

Back