Ole' Miss getting screwed.

IluvdoubleD's

Sir Loves
Just putting this out there. It's really bothering me. Ole' miss beat alabama and miss st. when they were both considered top teams. They should have beat Auburn. They lost their star receiver and had some down time while they regrouped but they are back on track and would probably beat mizzu. There you have it. They have two bad loses. I'm sure there are valid reason for both as they were capable of winning any game this year. This is really bothering me. If it's not win loses, but HOW you win and lose that matters this year, the only thing holding them back is a bad loss to LSU when LSU's season was on the line.

All of Ole Miss' losses have come late in the season. Losing late in the season is a cardinal sin for any football team with high post season expectations.

Reactions: 6 people
As long as a couple of the 2-loss teams lose this weekend (Arizona, GT, Mizzou, Kansas St, Wisconsin), they're still in a pretty good spot to get to a New Years 6 bowl.

All of Ole Miss' losses have come late in the season. Losing late in the season is a cardinal sin for any football team with high post season expectations.

Yeah, it's a lot about show isn't it, but that's not getting the job done, it's BCS thinking. The playoffs are supposed to change all that. but it's a dilemma, if it's about show it's not about record and if it's about record it's not putting the best teams in. Those loses are tough because they lost in a hard game where they lost some key players due to injury and needed a few weeks to regroup, which I think the've done. They seem to be catching fire again. I guess it's too late for them but seems like we are supposed to be putting the best teams in right now...today, not the best teams 4 weeks ago.

I just am trying to figure out this new system I guess, it's not BCS era anymore and there is new ways of thinking going on when judging a teams season. I just think ole miss is much better than their record and they could beat mizzu right now.

They lost 30-0 to an unranked team.

You mean right before the egg bowl? They also beat two of the top four teams in the country. You can't just look at who they beat and who they didn't anymore, you have to look at the entire body of work.

Right now, bama has improved and would give them some trouble, maybe oregon would give them some trouble if they are 100%, but they are definitely better than O st. and we are talking about putting them in. I tell you something else, if they played fl. st. tomorrow they would beat them too.

Reactions: 1 person
You mean right before the egg bowl? They also beat two of the top four teams in the country. You can't just look at who they beat and who they didn't anymore, you have to look at the entire body of work.

Right now, bama has improved and would give them some trouble, maybe oregon would give them some trouble if they are 100%, but they are definitely better than O st. and we are talking about putting them in. I tell you something else, if they played fl. st. tomorrow they would beat them too.

Their entire body of work has 3 L's on it. They're not one of the 4 best teams in the country, not even close.

Would they beat Arkansas tomorrow?

Reactions: 5 people
I fail to see how they are getting screwed. Yes they beat Alabama and Miss St., but they lost to LSU, Auburn, and were embarrassed by a 6-6 Arkansas.

Reactions: 2 people
Their entire body of work has 3 L's on it. They're not one of the 4 best teams in the country, not even close.

Would they beat Arkansas tomorrow?

I totally discount two of those loses. So you are saying that right now they could NOT beat O st. and they would NOT beat Fl. st, and that they would Not have a chance against bama (they already beat when they were considered a top team), they could not beat TCU? They could not slow down Oregon's attack? I think they would hold their own and come out on top in almost every game, some are too tight to call.

It appears you're not looking at their entire body of work; you're putting more weight on their 2 good wins and downplaying their 3 losses.

Had they beaten Arkansas, you'd have more of an argument.

Reactions: 3 people
I totally discount two of those loses. So you are saying that right now they could NOT beat O st. and they would NOT beat Fl. st, and that they would Not have a chance against bama (they already beat when they were considered a top team), they could not beat TCU? They could not slow down Oregon's attack? I think they would hold their own and come out on top in almost every game, some are too tight to call.

How can you discount 2 of their losses?

Reactions: 4 people
The one loss was due to injury and they other was looking ahead to the egg bowl (which they stomped).

You don't seem to understand how things work. Nobody is saying Ole Miss wouldn't have a chance against those teams, but that's not how the teams are determined.

You're being extremely narrow in your analysis.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm looking at who the best teams are today, buy looking at who they are and how they won and lost those games.

Sometimes it's hard to determine which place has more stupid thoughts that people write down and share, volnation or twitter?

Reactions: 9 people
You guys are so BCS. The worlds' changed fella's. I should have known better than to come on here and have a reasonable discussion. Ole miss is one of the best four teams in the country. Stop looking at the paper and watch the games. Have at it.

VN Store

Back