Muschamp has offers on the table from A&M, Auburn

Neither TAM or Auburn are ideal defensive coordinator jobs, the offense philosophy dictates, in part, high scoring games, and to a certain extent bad defense.

I would avoid TAM like the plaque, if I were a defensive coordinator, they have absolutely no run game minus Johnny Football. Nothing to practice against, as I don't even know if TAM even knows what fullback is or even if they have formation that has 6 OL. Auburn at least can has a running game and a power running game at times.

Not saying either team can't win games or even win a championship, they certainly could, not sure they are going to do it with defense.... its all about scoring. Auburn lost because they kicked FGs instead of scoring TDs.... the offense ultimately failed in the first half.

I am not convinced throwing a good defensive coordinator into the mix really helps either one of these teams. Teams that run these types of systems have to know there is a down side to running them, which to me is rather obvious.

Last edited:
The candidates for the Auburn defensive coordinator's position are Will Muschamp,Bo Pelini and Ted Roof(GT Defensive Coordinator).

The candidates for the Auburn defensive coordinator's position are Will Muschamp,Bo Pelini and Ted Roof(GT Defensive Coordinator).

There's no way they're rehiring Roof. His tenure marked the start of Auburn's 6 year defensive surrender.

There's no way they're rehiring Roof. His tenure marked the start of Auburn's 6 year defensive surrender.

He's done a good job at Tech this season.he's more aggressive than he's ever been as an assistant coach.

He's done a good job at Tech this season.he's more aggressive than he's ever been as an assistant coach.

You aren't serious about him being considered at Auburn, right? Should there be blue font in your posts?

You aren't serious about him being considered at Auburn, right? Should there be blue font in your posts?

His name was listed as a possible candidate on an article that i read about it. Probably wont happen but there it is.

His name was listed as a possible candidate on an article that i read about it. Probably wont happen but there it is.

They might as well hire Gene Chizik for the job. Unlike Roof, he was actually a good DC for the barn. And heck, they're paying him anyway. Might as well get something for it.

We'll find out for sure probably after bowls. Too bad Gators don't play Auburn or the Aggies in 2015! Darn!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back