Guess the Coaching Carousel

bnhunt

Michigan - Les Miles
Nebraska - Scott Frost
Florida - Jim McElwain
LSU - Kirby Smart?

Miles should get out before it's too late.

LSU-SIU was saying that rumors were Miles and several on staff could go. Could be a really bumpy silly season. Smart to lock up our best assitants.

Reactions: 1 person
Miles should get out before it's too late.

Yeah, the window is over if he doesn't leave now, he's 61. If he doesn't find a QB for next year, well, Baton Rouge might start to get hot. The buyout in Les's contract is pretty big, so...

LSU looks like a true contender next year, IF, Les can find a QB under a cushion.

Would not be surprised by a run at Jimbo if Les leaves.

Yeah, the window is over if he doesn't leave now, he's 61. If he doesn't find a QB for next year, well, Baton Rouge might start to get hot. The buyout in Les's contract is pretty big, so...

LSU looks like a true contender next year, IF, Les can find a QB under a cushion.

Would not be surprised by a run at Jimbo if Les leaves.
Wasn't trying to speak for you btw but this started in the FF and not everyone ventures there.

Wasn't trying to speak for you btw but this started in the FF and not everyone ventures there.

No worries at all. :)

Well, it should be a very interesting couple of weeks for coaching changes.

Michigan is going to have to open the checkbook quite wide if they go after Les, he made quite a bit more than Hoke and staff is going to make a lot more, plus Les would owe LSU a few million.

To me its pretty easy for LSU, do you want coach here or not.... if you want more money go somewhere else. LSU could then make a run at Fisher, and still save money.... as the HC/OC salary at LSU is $6m+.

HC/OC - Jimbo Fisher
DC - The Chief, if he wants to leave then Pelini or Muschamp

All of which left LSU on good terms.

Last edited:
No worries at all. :)

Well, it should be a very interesting couple of weeks for coaching changes.

Michigan is going to have to open the checkbook quite wide if they go after Les, he made quite a bit more than Hoke and staff is going to make a lot more, plus Les would owe LSU a few million.

To me its pretty easy for LSU, do you want coach here or not.... if you want more money go somewhere else. LSU could then make a run at Fisher, and still save money.... as the HC/OC salary at LSU is $6m+.

HC/OC - Jimbo Fisher
DC - The Chief, if he wants to leave then Pelini or Muschamp

All of which left LSU on good terms.

Is jimbo the OC at FSU as well as head coach?

Is jimbo the OC at FSU as well as head coach?
Yup. LSU could make a run at him and pay him quite a bit more and still save money minus his buy out which is $5m. Basically, it would be Even Steven for LSU.... but not sure Jimbo would bite.

We'll see, I don't think Les goes but if he bluffs... I wouldn't be surprised if the bluff is called.

247 stating sources say Harbaugh or Miles for the Wolverines are there first two choice. They better have a big checkbook ready, not sure Harbaugh would go but not out of the realm of possibilities.

Update: FWIW Lots of leaks saying $8m to Harbaugh per year, Gumps better be prepared to sell their hounds and get a 2nd mortgage on their trailers to pay their guy. (Sources are suspect)

Last edited:
:no:
Anyone else hearing any rumors about Bret Bielema to Michigan?

Yes, I have heard these rumors, and I think it would be a good fit. Hell I think he would be a good fit at Nebraska as well. I don't think it will happen though, but you can't ever tell with coaches these days.

Michigan - Les Miles
LSU - David Cutcliffe
Nebraska - Bret Bielema (over his head at Arky, would do well there)
Arkansas - Bo Pelini
Florida - Jim McElwain
Colorado State - Derek Dooley (who cares?)

I've been saying for the last two weeks that Jim Harbaugh and Les Miles are Michigan's first two choices. Dan Mullen is their third choice. The word on the street from a lot of well-connected Michigan insiders is that Harbaugh is indeed very interested. They're going to have to throw a lot of money at him but I think they'll pretty much do whatever it takes to get him at this point.

Michigan has to go big. They know it's got to be a homerun hire this time. They can't afford otherwise. Honestly, if it's anyone but Harbaugh, the fans are going to be extremely disappointed.

Last edited:
David Cutcliff to LSU hahahahaha

This is funny why?

Cutcliffe has managed to turn Duke into a relevant program. He is an offensive genius. Fantastic QB coach, and he has led Duke now to (potentially with a bowl win) 2 back to back 10 win seasons.

I think Cut is pretty loyal to Duke....BUT....with Cut at HC, and Chavis as DC and whoever he decides as OC....LSU could do much worse if Miles were to leave.

This is funny why?

Cutcliffe has managed to turn Duke into a relevant program. He is an offensive genius. Fantastic QB coach, and he has led Duke now to (potentially with a bowl win) 2 back to back 10 win seasons.

I think Cut is pretty loyal to Duke....BUT....with Cut at HC, and Chavis as DC and whoever he decides as OC....LSU could do much worse if Miles were to leave.

LSU isn't hiring a guy that was forced out at Ole Miss.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back