Michigan job officially open!

tennesseeduke

College football's all-time winning est program appears to be in need of a new coach. Michigan fired Brady Hoke on Tuesday after four seasons in Ann Arbor, according to reports from Sam Webb and FOX Sports' Bruce Feldman. Michigan football has announced a press conference set for 4:30 p.m. ET. Hoke’s 2014 season at Michigan included losses to rivals Notre Dame, Michigan State and Ohio State as the Wolverines finished 5-7 (3-5 Big Ten) and fell short of bowl eligibility for the first time since ’09 and third time since 1974.

Hoke arrived at Michigan in 2011 after a two-year stint at San Diego State, where his Aztecs went 13-12, including 9-4 in his final season. San Diego State was 2-10 the year before Hoke arrived and hadn't won nine games since 1971. Then Hoke's debut Michigan team went 11-2, making him the only Wolverines coach since Fielding ost to win at least 10 games in his first year at the helm. Michigan capped that campaign with a 23-20 win over Virginia Tech in the Sugar Bowl.

But Hoke’s first season in Ann Arbor also proved to be his best. His program dropped to 8-5 in 2012, 7-6 in ’13 and 5-7 this fall. The Wolverines fell to South Carolina in the Outback Bowl after the ’12 season and lost to Kansas State in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl in December ’13. They also lost to rival Ohio State three straight times. Hoke went 12-12 in Big Ten play during his final three seasons.

Since CBJ said NO then who will be there? Michigan, Nebraska and Florida. Some really high powered jobs are available!

:hi:

Tennesseeduke

Does The Hat finally go home?

Lots of rumors, two sources are telling me two things... my take... LSU should call any bluff or otherwise.

Current contract is through 2019, no reason to renegotiate. imo

Les Miles to UM
Gary Patterson to Nebraska
Jim McElwain to Florida

:hi:

Tennesseeduke

I wouldn't mind Patterson if the Chef jumped ship, I would assume Cam Cameron would be gone, if not, then LSU could look for offensive DC/HC.

We'll see, I don't think Les is going but you never know, LSU needs to call the bluff though. What is LSU going to do negotiate a contract until Les is 70? I think not.

I wouldn't mind Patterson if the Chef jumped ship, I would assume Cam Cameron would be gone, if not, then LSU could look for offensive DC/HC.

We'll see, I don't think Les is going but you never know, LSU needs to call the bluff though. What is LSU going to do negotiate a contract until Les is 70? I think not.

These are 3 high profile and high paying jobs. No one is safe until they publicly say no! It will be interesting and should go quick since we are in the last quarter for recruiting class 2015!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Hell Kiffy may even get a sniff at one.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

OH BOY!!!!! Michigan, Florida, Nebraska, Kansas, just to name a few. To all the VolNation Couch/Recliner Coaches...here's your chance to get off your arses and put your skills to good use!!!! Start sending out those stellar resumes'!!!

Oh...and don't forget about us little people when you get rich n famous!!!!!

:good!:

Michigan is going to have to come up with some money, the only way it makes sense for them go after Les is to secure Cam Cameron. Cam Cameron is in the $1.3-1.5m range right now, Les is in the $4.5m range.

The owe Hoke $2m, which is not bad.

Get the checkbook ready.

VN Store

Back