'12 AL OT Victor Salako (UAB player)

DD4ME

Zoo Keeper
6'6" 315
UAB's starting LT. Started 11 of 12 as RS freshman.
RS sophomore with 23 of 24 starts and 24 games played. Would have 2 years of eligibility left and would be the missing 2012 Dooley recruit.

We won't get him but it sure seems a match made in heaven for our situation if UAB dissolves.

6'6" 315
RS sophomore with 23 of 24 starts and 24 games played. Would have 2 years of eligibility left and would be the missing 2012 Dooley recruit.

We won't get him but it sure seems a match made in heaven for our situation if UAB dissolves.

I said it about 15 seconds after they shut the program down, CBJ should be on the horn with any capable OL guys they had.

Has anything happened with the Brandon Hill Juco kid who left Bama? Is he 2015 or 2016? He's like 6'7 350. I thought someone had said UT was looking at him. Maybe that's a possibility as well still.

I said it about 15 seconds after they shut the program down, CBJ should be on the horn with any capable OL guys they had.

Has anything happened with the Brandon Hill Juco kid who left Bama? Is he 2015 or 2016? He's like 6'7 350. I thought someone had said UT was looking at him. Maybe that's a possibility as well still.

Your speculation and others is kind of how we got to the point where this kid has a thread. Not sure I did the format correctly but since I read up on him anyway figured I might as well post.

Reactions: Weezer and catfish2
6'6" 315

Tennessee needs him,he's a freaking monster:rock::good!:

Reactions: 1 person
No specific reason just a whole lot of reaching since their program has not yet been dissolved and he might actually be a fairly sought after guy considering.

Honestly I don't see why an OT wouldn't come... great program with great facilities

plus almost guaranteed starting spot

Your speculation and others is kind of how we got to the point where this kid has a thread. Not sure I did the format correctly but since I read up on him anyway figured I might as well post.

Yeah, I usually don't start a thread for a recruit unless I know for sure UT has interest and or the kid is in play. I usually just stick those in the "football talk" thread. Like I did with the Juco QB yesterday. At 6'6 and 315 with a season of starts under his belt, obviously the depth may not be a bad thing.

obviously the coaches cant even contact him until (and if) the UAB program is terminated. Doubt they are thinking about this, but hopefully they are as creative as VN!

Someone go ask Fort and Hubbs if we have interest.

I'm sure the staff would explore options. No idea how you even go about contacting signed players even though their program appears to be about to be dissolved or what kind of contact is permissible?

obviously the coaches cant even contact him until (and if) the UAB program is terminated. Doubt they are thinking about this, but hopefully they are as creative as VN!

If I am UAB's coach and know the program is ending, I would absolutely be making calls and or taking calls about finding my guys new places to play.

I'm sure the staff would explore options. No idea how you even go about contacting signed players even though their program appears to be about to be dissolved or what kind of contact is permissible?

I would think once the program is officially absolved, then any contact would be permissible. I'd also think he would be a free transfer. I'd also think there would be some back channel conversations ongoing.

And I think that is a lot of thinking.

A guy like this is 20x better than juco. I didn't post in his bio but he's also an honor roll guy from HS and into College.

Reactions: Weezer
I would think once the program is officially absolved, then any contact would be permissible. I'd also think he would be a free transfer. I'd also think there would be some back channel conversations ongoing.

And I think that is a lot of thinking.

That sounds completely logical IMO which is why I almost know that cannot be right by NCAA rules. :eek:lol:

Reactions: 2 people
A guy like this is 20x better than juco. I didn't post in his bio but he's also an honor roll guy from HS and into College.

Juco Oline generally aren't the year one fixes that everyone thinks they are especially if you're looking for OTs.

Here's some others to go after

Zach Sims OL 6-2 290 Freshman
Bryant Novick OL 6-5 315 Freshman
Vincent Hunter OL 6-4 325 Freshman

VN Store

Back