Spurrier to return

Anyone that thought he was retiring because he lost to TN was fooling themselves.

I think most people thought he would retire because they were an abortion this year and he appears to be losing his mind.

I think most people thought he would retire because they were an abortion this year and he appears to be losing his mind.

Spurrier is not spineless. One bad season after the 4 best in SCAR history was not going to deter him.

I doubt he goes out on a bad season either. When he is ready he will do a farewell tour.

Spurrier will have another 6-6 team in 2015 most likely. This is going to be like the last few seasons Lou Holtz was at South Carolina. I bet SOS retires after 2015.

Could see USCjr have another "off year" with him.Not sure if he can pull off another 10 win season. They won't have some of the stars they've been getting from instate.

Could see USCjr have another "off year" with him. He got lucky with some of players South Carolina was producing. Not sure if he can pull off another 10 win season.

USC i believe is entering another down period. I think it'll probably take a new coach to get them out of it.

I hope he fails miserably again next season.....and the next, and again, and over and over

Could see USCjr have another "off year" with him.Not sure if he can pull off another 10 win season. They won't have some of the stars they've been getting from instate.

Hopefully with increased success of Tennessee football ,Tennessee and Clemson can divide up the recruiting spoils in South Carolina. I could very well see that since the SC program is slipping.

Spurrier is not spineless. One bad season after the 4 best in SCAR history was not going to deter him.

I doubt he goes out on a bad season either. When he is ready he will do a farewell tour.

I hope 2015 is his farewell tour. He has been a great coach who appears to be slipping a little. I hate to see him hang around until he becomes a loser.

Reactions: 1 person

The funniest thing is that based on the boards (crazy people I know) it seems some of the fans wanted him to retire. Best thing that ever happened (and probably will ever happen) to SC and they want him gone. :loco:

The funniest thing is that based on the boards (crazy people I know) it seems some of the fans wanted him to retire. Best thing that ever (and probably will ever) happened to SC and they want him gone. :loco:

The fans on the Fighting Gamecock Forum and Cocky Talk pretty much think the game has passed SOS by and it probably has.

The fans on the Fighting Gamecock Forum and Cocky Talk pretty much think the game has passed SOS by and it probably has.

How so? His forte is offense and they set school records this year.

Spurrier lost the last two games to us because of his own dumb playcalling. Both times he was in position to run the clock out and called passing plays.

Reactions: 1 person
Let's see, Spurrier has a string of 10 win season but doesn't win any SEC Championships in 10 years, recruiting is slipping and he has a 6-6 season.

Looks like Steve has gotten complacent and let the game pass him by. SCarolina needs to fire him. Either they want to compete for championships or not. They need to decide!! :)

Let's see, Spurrier has a string of 10 win season but doesn't win any SEC Championships in 10 years, recruiting is slipping and he has a 6-6 season.

Looks like Steve has gotten complacent and let the game pass him by. SCarolina needs to fire him. Either they want to compete for championships or not. They need to decide!! :)

That's the way it happens,a team can fall down pretty quickly.

I hope the game passes CBJ next year, we could use 10+ wins once. Much less 3 of last 4 years.

UT had 10 wins 3 out of 6 years (9 wins in another of those 6) which included 3 SEC Eastern Divisions Championships and that coach got fired.

You never know about a game against Spurrier. He always can pose a threat no matter the situation if the team he's coaching.

While I can't stand the man I do have respect for his coaching ability and he will no doubt wind up in the HOF.

I don't see him ending his career on this note. However I would think the first point where they're "back" (maybe next year who knows...) I bet he gives it some decent thought.

At this point in his career he's coaching because he still enjoys it. Once he stops enjoying it, I would guess that's it.

I don't think anyone thought Spurrier was retiring because he lost to Tennessee. The loss to Clemson might be what fired him up to stay though. Anyone that watched most of the USCe games this year could see SOS was exhausted and had a look of disinterest often. I really think had he gone out a winner against Clemson he would've wrapped things up for his career so he can retire at any golf course of his choosing.

VN Store

Back