Freeze "Offer in Hand" For Florida Job

VolnJC

sorry I know there is a Florida HC thread, but if true this is big news

FootballScoop Staff @FootballScoop
· 38m 38 minutes ago
Well now, per SB Nation, Hugh Freeze has an offer in hand from Florida “in the range of $4.2 million”. Ole Miss making push w close to $4M

sorry I know there is a Florida HC thread, but if true this is big news

FootballScoop Staff @FootballScoop
· 38m 38 minutes ago
Well now, per SB Nation, Hugh Freeze has an offer in hand from Florida “in the range of $4.2 million”. Ole Miss making push w close to $4M

If Hugh is smart he'll take that offer! Ole Miss without him slips back into the gutter.

Reactions: 1 person
sadly he's gonna take ole miss for all he can and stay there imo

i wish he would come here tho him and todd grahm and gary patterson have been alot of uf's top picks for a long time

sadly he's gonna take ole miss for all he can and stay there imo

i wish he would come here tho him and todd grahm and gary patterson have been alot of uf's top picks for a long time

Ole Miss would have to pay him 10% more just to be equal due to Florida not having an income tax..he should take it if he wants to compete for championships he won't be able to do that year after year at Ole Miss

Last edited:
Ole Miss would have to pay him 10% more just to be equal do to Florida not having an income tax..he should take it if he wants to compete for championships he won't be able to do that year after year at Ole Miss

It would be impossible to keep track of the number of times I have seen it posted here that Ole Miss is Freeze's "dream job". I guess it's time to find out if that was just talk or not.

Reactions: 4 people
There is definitely things to consider besides the money. He's got a job right now that he could hold for many years to come. Ole Miss has been doing well in recruiting and he is still making good money.

Florida has a lot of problems and high expectations. What if he goes to Florida and discovers that he cant get Florida back on track in a timely fashion. He could wipe out at Florida and end up in a much worse position than where he is now.

Hugh will definitely be rolling the dice if he goes to Florida. It'll be go big or go home

Reactions: 2 people
There is definitely things to consider besides the money. He's got a job right now that he could hold for many years to come. Ole Miss has been doing well in recruiting and he is still making good money.

Florida has a lot of problems and high expectations. What if he goes to Florida and discovers that he cant get Florida back on track in a timely fashion. He could wipe out at Florida and end up in a much worse position than where he is now.

Hugh will definitely be rolling the dice if he goes to Florida. It'll be go big or go home

Agreed. I don't think it's worth it for him to leave.

This is Jimmy Sexton leaking info to get him s guy more money. Best believe if numbers are floating Freeze has agreed to he job.

Which brings me to Foley and his hiring history. JF doesn't tip his hand.

Jimmy reps Freeze, Mora and JW.

Reactions: 2 people

I compare it to Kentucky and Alabama

Being at Ole Miss they expect winning seasons but anything more is just a bonus.

Florida being closer to Alabama. At Florida the fans are going to expect a championship year 2. If not the burner gets turned to high and they never really see what he can do at Florida.

He should stay at Ole Miss.

This is Jimmy Sexton leaking info to get him s guy more money. Best believe if numbers are floating Freeze has agreed to he job.

Are you saying in your opinion that Freeze has accepted the UF job?

Maybe. Right now I am in the Sexton getting him a raise camp with his current employer. I am also hearing that Gary Patterson is warming up to Nebraska.

I tend to agree. Sexton is really really good at get his clients top dollar.

Guy is always 2 moves ahead.

Ding ding ding!

Maybe Freeze does wind up at UF, but there's a lot of truth to what you're saying about Sexton.

Silly Season wouldn't be silly season without Sexton floating names like parade balloons.

Ole Miss forums aren't exactly worried about Freeze leaving. One commented that he had already heard that Freeze had signed and extension/raise along with bumps for all his coaches as well.

Hiring Josh McDaniels would be rolling the dice, much like hiring Will muschamp. I see Foley hiring a solid coach. He may not hire a big name, but he'll hire a solid coach that wins.

McDaniels or McElwain? Not scared of either.

And based on Butch's clock and timeout mismanagement, no one is scared of him either. Les Miles thinks Butch needs to get it together.

I think Sexton is doing his job, getting his guy a raise. I'd take Freeze in a heartbeat, but I think he stays put in Oxford.

McDaniels was a total mess out in Denver. I can't see FL trusting their program to him. Def not HBC material at this juncture. But hey maybe he gets points for drafting Timmy.

VN Store

Back