Muschamp to replace Ellis johnson @ The Barn?

Also going to replace Lorenzo Ward at SC and Kelly at FSU.

Nothing will happen before Jan because of contract and $$$$.

Also going to replace Lorenzo Ward at SC and Kelly at FSU.

Nothing will happen before Jan because of contract and $$$$.

I wouldn't mind Muschamp replacing Ted Roof as GT defensive coordinator. It would be an upgrade on Paul Johnson's staff.

Muschamp will be highly coveted as a DC by many schools. He will have no problem landing at a top program as a DC. Would be a great hire for Coach Malzhan at Auburn.

ever wonder why top programs get rid of underachieving coordinaters and others continue to let some flounder in mediocrity ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Not sure Muschamp to TAM or Auburn helps either one. I would hire Muschamp as a DC, not sure it's going to matter much if they continue to run those offenses.

Imagine you are a DC, and day in and day out all you have to practice against is TAM's offense. I just don't think its going to work long-term. We'll see.

I hope it is true. Alabama would HATE it and Malzahn and Muschamp together would give Saban hell.

Not sure Muschamp to TAM or Auburn helps either one. I would hire Muschamp as a DC, not sure it's going to matter much if they continue to run those offenses.

Imagine you are a DC, and day in and day out all you have to practice against is TAM's offense. I just don't think its going to work long-term. We'll see.

So you're saying Muschamp will only go to a school with a crappy offense?

I mean, why would he want to go somewhere and win games?

So you're saying Muschamp will only go to a school with a crappy offense?
Well, 1. I don't think I said that all 2. If you are implying TAM has a good offense, not sure I would agree with that. 3. As I mentioned, not sure you are going to see a good D from TAM while they run that offense there, nothing to practice against, of course, I have been wrong before.

I remain suspect of what Sumlin has done and whether it works in the SEC long-term. I actually think he is one of the more enjoyable coaches, not sure I buy into what he is trying to do.

Well, 1. I don't think I said that all 2. If you are implying TAM has a good offense, not sure I would agree with that. 3. As I mentioned, not sure you are going to see a good D from TAM while they run that offense there, nothing to practice against, of course, I have been wrong before.

I remain suspect of what Sumlin has done and whether it works in the SEC long-term. I actually think he is one of the more enjoyable coaches, not sure I buy into what he is trying to do.

well this is about auburn i think he would be an awesome compliment to an offense like that cant deny malzahn and muschamp are 2 of the best in the country at what they do

well this is about auburn i think he would be an awesome compliment to an offense like that cant deny malzahn and muschamp are 2 of the best in the country at what they do

I actually think the same thing applies to Auburn to a certain extent, the perfect system QB and the offenses have something without it... not so much.. at least Auburn has misdirection and some power game. I think if I were a DC at either school I would probably be a little frustrated, not sure a new DCs are going to help much.

I would suggest they (Auburn/TAM) continue to score bunches of points, while they have those offense. Not sure either team has a fullback. :)

I think those types of offense, although they can work, long-term, I don't like to watch them and I think they eventually hurt.

If you are the DC for Auburn/TAM, exactly how do you prepare for Alabama's offense? You don't. You have to score bunches of points, which is fine if that is your game plan. The more I think about this, exactly what is a new DC going to tell Sumlin, "recruit some TEs and FBs so I have something to practice against".

I have to say its very interesting seeing this play out, there is an upside to playing with these types of offenses and there is definitely some huge disadvantages as well.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back