Pelini fired

No...just no. Dude brings consistent winning seasons and I'd prefer he was somewhere other than the SEC East.

He consistantly gets blown out in all his big games(except against Georgia in last season's Bowl game).

I hope he goes to Florida or Vanderbilt.

Except he's not a bad coach by any stretch of the imagination. He was 67-27.

He was fired because he's a jackass and made himself unpopular with the fanbase. When that happens, you either win championships or you're eventually shown the door.

Reactions: 4 people
9-3, if Butch could have us consistently winning 8,9,10 games I'd be overjoyed!
No doubt. I can't believe they fired him after 7 straight 9+ win seasons. I cant ever recall a coach being fired at any school for winning 9+ games each year.

Last edited:
He consistantly gets blown out in all his big games(except against Georgia in last season's Bowl game).

And he's still posting 8 and 9 win seasons.

I'd prefer Vandy keeps Mason as he's doing a bang up job and I'm hoping Florida hires someone completely inept.

Reactions: 3 people
No doubt. I can't believe they fired him after 7 straight 9+ win seasons.

He's been unpopular with the fanbase for years and he brought it on himself. He's had some Jerry Green type press conferences where he's basically told the fans to screw off and dared the NU admin to fire him.

Reactions: 1 person
He's been unpopular with the fanbase for years and he brought it on himself. He's had some Jerry Green type press conferences where he's basically told the fans to screw off and dared the NU admin to fire him.

Right now I could see Pelini going to Virginia Tech if they decide to retire Frank Beamer

Pelini's record at Nebraska...

2008: 9-4

2009: 10-4

2010: 10-4

2011: 9-4

2012: 10-4

2013: 9-4

2014: 9-3

..looks good on paper but he had some ugly loses.

But with records like that, a new coach is going to have to go 10-2 as a minimum and win the Big 10 CG in the first two years.

Those are some large shoes to fill.

But with records like that, a new coach is going to have to go 10-2 as a minimum and win the Big 10 CG in the first two years.

Those are some large shoes to fill.

I hope for Husker fans their AD didn't pull a Hamilton and not have somebody lined up.

turrible.png

Reactions: 1 person
I hope for Husker fans their AD didn't pull a Hamilton and not have somebody lined up.

Nebraska suffers from the same problems we have/had. The fan base remembers the glory years yet the program slipped from where it was at. Our slip obviously was a whole lot steeper (right now) but again, if they aren't careful, they will slip into the same path we did and they will go through several coaching changes for the next decade.

For a program that's historically been top tier, Nebraska has slipped into a rut just like we did. Pelini might not be a lot of things, but inept isn't on his resume anywhere. Much like Fulmer was sacrificed, Pelini got the axe because the fans and alumin believed in instant gratification and didn't understand the program goes through up and down years.

Worst thing Nebraska ever did? Leave the Big 12 and join the Big 10. Best thing they could do with a new coach? Leave the Big 10 and head back to the Big 12 with their hat in hand.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back