coaches you like.

DD4ME

Zoo Keeper
Andersen @ Wisconsin

I had hoped we'd land him when we got Butch. Happy how it worked out but he's made the CG and has his team looking strong. Blew the doors off their main rival Nebraska.

What coaches out there do you like? Maybe not our rivals etc but just guys you respect.

Reactions: Weezer and Shocker0
I always liked frank beamer and bobby Bowden. I hated when kiffin was here and disrespected beamer after our bowl loss.

I always liked frank beamer and bobby Bowden. I hated when kiffin was here and disrespected beamer after our bowl loss.

I admire Beamer. I think it's nearing his time to bow out gracefully but he had a good run.

Reactions: Weezer
I'll make a short list.
Gary Andersen
Jerry Kill
Dave Doedoren
Matt Wells
Craig Bohl

In no particular order:

Bill Synder
Gary Patterson
Paul Johnson
David Cutcliffe
Doc Holliday

Bill Snyder will always get my vote. His personality reminds me so much of another coach I respected in Bill Walsh. They both just quietly whip your teams arses and exit the field with class.

Reactions: 1 person
11 Coaches that i like as of now

Butch Jones
Hugh Freeze
David Cutcliffe
Paul Johnson
Bronco Mendenhall
Willie Fritz
Jimbo Fisher
Dan Mullen
Art Briles
Doc Holliday
Ruffin McNeill

Some might not like the name, but Gary Pinkel is gaining a lot of respect recently. He just takes his team out there and wins quite regularly.

Some coaches I think that are good and would do good at most any school and maybe not so well known would be these, in no order:

1. Gary Andersen - Wisconsin
2. Justin Fuente - Memphis
3. David Cutcliffe - Duke
4. Art Briles - Baylor
5. Hugh Freeze - Ole Miss
6. P.J. Fleck - Western Michigan - Doing great job recruiting there at a place you wouldn't expect. Went 1-11 last year in his first year, and 8-4 this year.
7. Jim McElwain - Colorado State
8. Mike MacIntyre - Colorado - We'll see. He did a crazy good job at San Jose State, but Colorado was worse in his second year...so I'm not as high on him now.
9. Jim Mora - UCLA
10. Mark Hudspeth - Louisiana Lafayette

Beamer is the most overrated coach in college football history.

I like Les Miles and Mike Leach. Just for their interviews. I like Mark Hudspeth too, but that's because he was at my alma mater during my freshman year.

Bill Snyder is tops. I love that he made Kansas State, an irrelevant joke of a program, into a power. Then he left for a few years, came back, and did it AGAIN. He's amazing.

Mark Dantonio

And, I know I'll get a lot of hate for this, but Nick Saban. I have immense respect for him and what he has managed to accomplish. I think he's one of the all-time greatest. That said, I would love it if we could actually beat him at some point.

Beamer is the most overrated coach in college football history.

I like Les Miles and Mike Leach. Just for their interviews. I like Mark Hudspeth too, but that's because he was at my alma mater during my freshman year.

I'm not saying beamer is the best, but he makes a bowl every year and has won a lot of games. It was just asked who we liked and I've always liked him.

VN Store

Back