Wake Forest v. Duke (ESPNU, 7PM)

TrueOrange

Duke's up 21-7 in the first quarter. The school's looking for its 9th win on the season.

Also, why did the ACC schedule for Duke to play Wake and for UNC to play (and get blown out by) NC State during "Rivalry Week?"

These two matchups should have been last week and Duke-UNC should easily have been the "rivalry week" regular season finale matchup for both of these schools (especially with basketball season upcoming).

UNC v. NC STATE = Battle of the state schools

WAKE v. DUKE = Battle of the private schools.

I think that's why they scheduled it this way

UNC v. NC STATE = Battle of the state schools

WAKE v. DUKE = Battle of the private schools.

I think that's why they scheduled it this way

I mean, I know all the NC schools are rivals with each other, but it just makes so much more sense for the bigger rivalry combination among the four to be the one that would be playing this week.

I see Duke fans have officially moved on to basketball. Looks like 10K there.

I mean, I know all the NC schools are rivals with each other, but it just makes so much more sense for the bigger rivalry combination among the four to be the one that would be playing this week.

Fair enough, the real issue is that Wake doesn't really have a true rival in the ACC other than the other collective NC schools.

Last edited:
Why not place Wake and NC State together here then?

Especially since Wake and NC State are in one division while Duke and UNC are in the other?

Or some combination between those two and Pitt/Miami?

Last edited:
Duke wins 41-21. Finish the season regular season with a 9-3 mark. (Shame they fumbled the ball away against VT, or they'd be ranked, have 10 wins, and be playing in the ACC Championship again).

Still, this will be the first time Duke has ever made it to 3 bowl games in a row.

They haven't had back to back seasons of more than 7 wins since Spurrier in the late 80s...and they haven't had hadn't had back-to-back seasons of 8 or more wins since 1938 and 1939 (back in the Southern conference).

When did WF or any of the other NC schools join the SEC?

500px-Soon-honey-bear-bottle.jpg

I see Duke fans have officially moved on to basketball. Looks like 10K there.

The wind was officially taken out of the Sails the last 2 weeks. Especially with the UNC debacle. It's unfortunate, but that's the reality of Duke football. It doesn't take much for the fan base to lose interest. Duke should be 11-1 playing FSU next weekend in Charlotte, but clearly lost it's way the previous 2 weeks.

VN Store

Back