Chad Morris to SMU

Reports say SMU will hire Clemson OC Chad Morris lead rebuilding of program | CollegeFootballTalk

Chad Morris is now a HC. He may have accepted a job he will later regret. SMU may be the worse D1 HC job available this year.

Really? Lots of money in reserves. Notable alumni base that's ready to spend and support the program. Great recruiting ground.

JJ had a few good years and landed some solid talent. The emergence of TCU shows that is about landing the right coach.

Reactions: 2 people
Really? Lots of money in reserves. Notable alumni base that's ready to spend and support the program. Great recruiting ground.

JJ had a few good years and landed some solid talent. The emergence of TCU shows that is about landing the right coach.

SMU is 0 - 10. I cannot imagine a D1 job that will be tougher to walk into.

Reactions: 1 person
SMU is 0 - 10. I cannot imagine a D1 job that will be tougher to walk into.

Recruiting in Texas. Two years removed from four straight bowl appearances. crappy conference to boot. Not that bad. I would also argue that had June Jones stuck it out for the season, they'd have won at least three games so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Reports say SMU will hire Clemson OC Chad Morris lead rebuilding of program | CollegeFootballTalk

Chad Morris is now a HC. He may have accepted a job he will later regret. SMU may be the worse D1 HC job available this year.

Disagree. SMU is a good job. Just think, he comes in with 0 expectations and doesn't have to leave the state to bring in good recruiting classes. Not to mention they have $$$

I think it's a great place for a coach trying to make a name for himself.

Disagree. SMU is a good job. Just think, he comes in with 0 expectations and doesn't have to leave the state to bring in good recruiting classes. Not to mention they have $$$

I agree. Lower expectations and an inferior conference. No reason why they can't be like UCF and upgrade their program.

Leaving before the Clemson Carolina game haha! If Jeff Scott steps into the OC role at Clemson (what a joke) are there any Clemson offensive recruits we can pick off? (Lineman)

Ron Meyer sure recruited like a mofo.

Surprised he jumped at this so quickly, but if you're going to take over a non-top tier program, it makes sense. It's pretty much impossible for things to get any worse than they are now at SMU. If in three years, he's winning 8 games, he's a hero.

Disagree. SMU is a good job. Just think, he comes in with 0 expectations and doesn't have to leave Dallas Skyline HS to bring in good recruiting classes. Not to mention they have $$$

I'm sure he will go after kids from his old stomping grounds of Lake Travis and Stephenville too.

The rumors of his impending HC coaching demise are quite well founded.. SMU has become a graveyard of coaches......boo scary place.....

I think its a good place for him and a possible quick turnaround if you recruit well. SMU has history no matter how you look at it. Makes it much easier to sell. And even if you're only fighting over the leftovers from Texas/A&M recruits its still enough to beat a lot of teams.

VN Store

Back