Possible expansion of Big 12

volgrad500

The Oracle of Orange
The Big 12 is starting to feel the heat for not having a championship game, and apparently starting to discuss expansion. I was in the DFW area this week, and when they found out I was from TN they asked about Memphis as a possible candidate.

I admit I was clueless on the possibility. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I WOULD NOT be in favor of that. I'd hate to see Texas and Oklahoma getting to play in our state on a regular basis (not to mention the possibility that Memphis may keep a recruit or two).

Thoughts?

There was a thread about this a week or two ago.

Personally, I think it's more likely that the Big XII pushes for deregulation of the conference title games, and starts to play one with only ten members. I don't think they'll expand until they feel like they're in a position to poach the ACC, which could take a while.

2421526-7724001060-863903f2fa251f0867cddcb4beb41665_30356.jpg__thumb

Reactions: 2 people
The Big 12 is starting to feel the heat for not having a championship game, and apparently starting to discuss expansion. I was in the DFW area this week, and when they found out I was from TN they asked about Memphis as a possible candidate.

I admit I was clueless on the possibility. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I WOULD NOT be in favor of that. I'd hate to see Texas and Oklahoma getting to play in our state on a regular basis (not to mention the possibility that Memphis may keep a recruit or two).

Thoughts?

Interesting nobody didn't like what I was telling them..

Thoughts?
Who is "they"? Just some random guy in Dallas? I doubt he is in any kind of decision making position for the Big 12.

Interesting..almost the exact same thread started with almost the exact same "points" made.

And still just as incorrect.

I think expansion will eventually happen again, but I agree with the poster who previously said that they would wait to poach an ACC team.

However, if they did expand with non power 5 teams, I think Cincinnati and Central Florida would be top two candidates.

I dont know.. but I'm ready for North Dakota State to start playing in the FBS.

I realize that is sorta out of left field.

Reactions: 1 person
I could see Memphis being added to the Big 12. It would be a good move for both parties. It would give the Big 12 media presence in the Memphis market and if Memphis goined a major conference it would be a big boost to their recruiting. It would be a win - win situation imo.

I could see Memphis being added to the Big 12. It would be a good move for both parties. It would give the Big 12 media presence in the Memphis market and if Memphis goined a major conference it would be a big boost to their recruiting. It would be a win - win situation imo.

Gramps understands..

Who is "they"? Just some random guy in Dallas? I doubt he is in any kind of decision making position for the Big 12.

Oh yea, just a couple of attorneys down there- they are just fans like us. No decision makers or connections to teams other than ticket holders. They were just saying the local fans were kicking around names ( I guess in case they have to expand in order to have a championship game).

VN Store

Back