4 team playoff question.

seerob22

Me and my vol buddies were talking about the 4 team playoff at work and they all agreed they would pull for Bama or any SEC team that gets in. I told them I could never ever pull for Bama to beat anybody and really didn't care who won it. I got hammered for my response saying I have no "SEC pride". How do you guys feel am I in the minority?

If the team isn't Tennessee, then I don't care what an SEC team does in bowls/playoffs.

The "SEC pride" crap is so overblown.

Reactions: 4 people
As bad as I hate Bama.....I did pull fir them once. It was when they played Miami fir the title. I'd probably pull for them over Ohio State to but other than that.....nope

I have found myself rooting for everyone at some point with only three exceptions- Alabama Florida and ohio st. Hate them all.

As I just posted in the 8 team playoff thread, I'm hoping both Alabama and Miss St lose this weekend and the SEC gets left out completely. I have no "SEC pride". Only Big Orange pride.

I will never root for Alabama. Never. There is circumstance that would cause me to ever wish anything good for that football team.

I like our conference teams to play in the most bowls and to win the most bowls. Keep in mind that if we actually lost most of our bowls in the past few years, we would not be considered the best conference in the nation. That strength of respect is probably why we have two teams currently poised to play in the four team playoff right now.

I like our conference teams to play in the most bowls and to win the most bowls. Keep in mind that if we actually lost most of our bowls in the past few years, we would not be considered the best conference in the nation. That strength of respect is probably why we have two teams currently poised to play in the four team playoff right now.

So you want Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Ole Miss, Georgia, Arkansas doing well and recruiting well against us?

This week I want Auburn, Arkansas, Georgia Tech and Ole Miss to win, which oughta to come close to eliminating any SEC team from the playoff.

The SEC was pretty much terrible outside of us and Florida during our best run in the 90s. I could not careless about playing in the best conference.

So how exactly has any of this helped us?

It will help when the Vols start putting together winning seasons.

Winning teams in the SEC and lately the Pac-12 get the benefit of the doubt in rankings and post season bids.
Over the past decade while we've all been hearing about how great the SEC is my Vols have been at the bottom of the barrel. I'd rather be in the top 3 teams in the 2nd or 3rd best conference than the bottom 3 in the greatest conference in human history.

Reactions: 1 person
Over the past decade while we've all been hearing about how great the SEC is my Vols have been at the bottom of the barrel. I'd rather be in the top 3 teams in the 2nd or 3rd best conference than the bottom 3 in the greatest conference in human history.

Whether or not Vols fans get it right now.. SEC strength of schedule is a good thing.. and to keep SOS up, we ALL need to be winning our out of conference games

Whether or not Vols fans get it right now.. SEC strength of schedule is a good thing.. and to keep SOS up, we ALL need to be winning our out of conference games

Not really. FSU is going to prove that all you have to do is go undefeated in a mediocre conference. And I'm pretty sure Mississippi State is probably going to be on the outside looking at 4 teams that actually won their conference.

VN Store

Back