AP Top 25: Others Receiving Votes

VolBricks

May the Orange be with you!
I was just looking at the AP poll and noticed that Memphis got 3 votes in the "Others Receiving Votes." I know I am not all knowing like the "Wizard of OZ" but I would be willing to take a bet that my Vols are better than Memphis.

Who are the three coaches voting for Memphis? OK, one of them is their own coach who are the other two?

They're 8-3. Rankings arent entirely about talent level. Outside of South Carolina, our victories are just as mediocre as theirs.

Reactions: 1 person
They're 8-3. Rankings arent entirely about talent level. Outside of South Carolina, our victories are just as mediocre as theirs.

Ostensibly, rankings are about who the best teams are. I think the point the OP was making is that they don't usually do a very good job of it and they do a terrible job outside of the top 10-15.

Three votes. A little love to a mid-level conference. They are playing some good ball, though (for their conference). :whistling:

GO VOLS!

I was just looking at the AP poll and noticed that Memphis got 3 votes in the "Others Receiving Votes." I know I am not all knowing like the "Wizard of OZ" but I would be willing to take a bet that my Vols are better than Memphis.

Who are the three coaches voting for Memphis? OK, one of them is their own coach who are the other two?

Who cares? Seriously.

Coaches don't vote in the AP poll. They have the USA Today coach's poll. The AP is sportswriters.

Reactions: 2 people

These polls are stupid. They are based mostly on record and it's hard to win in the SEC. We'd probably have one loss with Memphis's schedule.

Edit: Maybe 2 losses.

Not at all.... Utah State, ASU, Kentucky, and South Carolina would all beat memphis. They would be 2-10 with our schedule, maybe 1-11.

Not at all.... Utah State, ASU, Kentucky, and South Carolina would all beat memphis. They would be 2-10 with our schedule, maybe 1-11.

Not saying they are better but you do realize they lost by 7 at UCLA, 24-3 at Ole Miss, and by 4 to Houston which is their worst loss. Ole Miss was only up 7-3 to start the 4th quarter and Ole Miss kept trying to score and scored a TD with a minute left.

I think saying those 4 games are definite losses is a bit much.

VN Store

Back