Entire SEC West Is Bowl Eligible

VolnJC

So it looks from my count the SEC could have 13 teams eligible for a bowl game if we win one of two and UK beats UL

So it looks from my count the SEC could have 13 teams eligible for a bowl game if we win one of two and UK beats UL

Not impossible but I'd put money on Louisville over Kentucky as of late.

Ville up 3 on ND with 9:15 left

How many schools that are eligible get left out every year? It would be a shame if it happens.

How many schools that are eligible get left out every year? It would be a shame if it happens.

If we and UK become bowl eligible, how many times has it happened where 13 of 14 teams were bowl eligible? 11 of 14 is insane. And we have a good shot of getting in, especially with Vandy remaining. 12(or 13) out of 14 would be crazy.

But yeah. An SEC bowl eligible team should never be left out even if there are 12 or 13 teams.

you think someone in the SEC could be left out even though they were bowl eligible?

It's happened before, so I won't say it can't.

But I'm not familiar enough with the new bowl set up. I know that outside of whoever the CFP committee puts in the playoffs (and the like 3 other "major but not hosting the playoffs" bowl games), the conference only has 9 tie-ins.

...so it depends on how many SEC teams end up in the playoffs as well as if the committee's rankings result in any being chosen for the Peach/Fiesta/Orange bowls.

Whoever's left at the lowest position, with the lowest marketing value (likely Arky/UK) would likely need another conference (or in some cases, conferences, some bowls have back-up tie-ins) to not meet their bowl tie-in numbers, as well as for said bowl to contact/get in touch with that school.

Last edited:
Kentucky would be the bottom of the totem pole if the SEC gets 12 or 13 eligible.

there were 2 or 3 bowls in the projections with SEC tie ins that didnt have an SEC team projected - so I think all would go somewhere

there were 2 or 3 bowls in the projections with SEC tie ins that didnt have an SEC team projected - so I think all would go somewhere

SEC only has 9 tie-ins outside of the playoffs.

So in this scenario, unless, two got into the playoffs and the rankings of another two got them a selection by the Fiesta/Orange/Peach bowls, it'd probably have to come from some other conference falling short.

You know if it ever happened where a bowl eligible team was left out, it'd be this year, and it'd happen to us.

first time potentially to a bowl in 4 years, and we'd get overlooked. Then the conspiracy would be true.

I can't even imagine the meltdown if UT were passed over. :eek:hmy:

Nothing surprises me any more, though.

UT would not be passed over IMO. Especially with a starved fan base. They wouldn't have to worry about ticket sales.

Heaven forbid any Mountain West or Mid-American teams get overlooked :rolleyes:

The bowl selections don't really work like that though. The conference tie-ins are contractually based. The bowls can't skip out/over teams from the conference with which they've written those contracts.

The only way they can take someone from outside those conferences is if the conference can't provide enough bowl eligible teams.

The bowl selections don't really work like that though. The conference tie-ins are contractually based. The bowls can't skip out/over teams from the conference with which they've written those contracts.

The only way they can take someone from outside those conferences is if the conference can't provide enough bowl eligible teams.

yeah i know.. im just complaining

If you are eligible and don't get selected, are you still granted the extra practice time?

I don't see any SEC team being left out. The MAC usually gets the shaft because they suck. I think I remember WKU and MTSU getting left out recently.

I don't see any SEC team being left out. The MAC usually gets the shaft because they suck. I think I remember WKU and MTSU getting left out recently.

It's been a while since an SEC team got left out...I think South Carolina was in 2007.

VN Store

Back