Duke vs. UNC 11/20 ESPN 7:30

RDU VOL#14

I’m a Flawed Character
Duke -6.5 versus an unpredictable UNC team. I think it will be a very entertaining game. Drinks will be spilling about 3:30 here for a very rare Duke Football nationally televised game. It's definitely not like being in Knoxville, but's it's about is big as it get's here. Go Duke.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA! GO TO HELL!

Reactions: 1 person
If Duke loses, it's going to be from that fumble that was returned for a TD...second week in a row they've fumbled and the other team's gotten a TD off of it.

If this score holds, I think ga tech plays FSU in championship. Which one is more likely to beat FSU, duke or ga tech. I think ga tech is playing pretty decent as of late.

Winning coach of this game gets promoted to coach at UF?? We all know how much Foley likes Fedora, and Cut would absolutely demolish the SEC if he coached at UF.

:question:

Holy hell this game is turning into a beatdown 28-7 with UNC knocking at the door again and 2 mins left in the half. Cut better have some magic plans at halftime.

Edit: and that's like 3 turnovers by UNC and they're still up by that much wow! Guess they did get a big one themselves too though

Last edited:
Well, yeah. This loss will clinch it for GT.

Duke really choked the division away with how they lost that VT game last weekend.

Wasn't sure but thought that was the case. I didn't know if ga tech had any close call games left in acc schedule. Following the acc is not a high priority of mine each Saturday. But I have seen them play well recently, which gives me some hope they knock out fsu.

Winning coach of this game gets promoted to coach at UF?? We all know how much Foley likes Fedora, and Cut would absolutely demolish the SEC if he coached at UF.

:question:

Cut has zero shot at being UF's coach.

Wasn't sure but thought that was the case. I didn't know if ga tech had any close call games left in acc schedule. Following the acc is not a high priority of mine each Saturday. But I have seen them play well recently, which gives me some hope they knock out fsu.

GT's done with ACC play. All they have left is a bye and then UGA.

Well, they've been kind of up and down at times; they just beat up 28-6 on a Clemson team having to play its 3rd string QB (he was 3/11 for 19 yards and threw 2 pick sixes of 85 yards and 65 yards).

But they also played a very close game against VT (that had some very bizarre turnovers: with 2 min left in a tied game at the VT 25, VT threw an INT their 40 that GT moved into FG range at the end of regulation). They also lost to Duke and lost to UNC, somehow allowing them to score 48 points.

Here was the scenario last Saturday:

Duke was up 16-7 against VT with 1 minute left in the 3rd Quarter.

Earlier in the game, at the start of the second quarter, when they were up 10-0, a pass by Duke's QB from the VT 27 was intercepted at the VT 3. This would lead to the drive that allowed VT to score its only TD of the first half.

Duke had already fumbled once earlier - in the VT red zone - but their defense had stopped VT from scoring.

Anyways, the managed to get two FGs in the 3rd quarter and were up 16-7 (in a very defensive game) with 2:20 left in 3rd had just intercepted a VT pass at the VT 36.

Three plays later, with 1 min left in the 3rd quarter, Duke's QB throws an INT that's returned all the way to the Duke 9. But Duke's defense holds at the Duke 5 and VT only gets a FG to end the 3rd quarter.

Immediately after that - right after Duke's defense holds against a threat inside its own 10 - Duke's returner fumbles the kickoff at the team's own 27 to start the 4th quarter. VT's offense came right out and scored a TD to make it 17-16 in the 4th.

Duke was never able to recover, only able to get in range for a 40 yard FG with 2:20 left in the game and missing it.

Had Duke won, this game wouldn't have mattered; they just would have needed to beat Wake Forest to win the division.

...I like Cut and I like what he's done with their program, don't get me wrong on that.

But with how they lost that game, to who they lost, and with what was on the line...they choked.

They - unfortunately but massively - choked away not just that game, but a division title/playing in the ACC Championship for a second year in a row.

They definitely choked last week and simply didn't show up this week. Yeah Cut's done well but it's pretty clear they're nowhere near as good as their record. They should have lost to Pitt and were saved by one of the worst FG misses I've ever seen.

They should beat WF but given the last 2 weeks and the Pitt game, I won't exactly be shocked if they lay a 3rd egg in a row and limp into their bowl.

What an ass kicking. Beatdown from the start.
Congrats Heels, I hope you win out and go to the Belk Bowl or Music CITY so the Vols can kick your ass.

Cut really needs to get out of Duke at the end of the season if at all possible. He's accomplished all he can there. Strike while the iron is still hot.

VN Store

Back