UF Coaching search (Merged)

VolnJC

Very surprising..also Stoops says he is not interested and McElwain's buyout is 7.5 million

Florida: According to ESPN's Brett McMurphy, Dan Mullen and Rich Rodriguez will not be among those considered by athletic director Jeremy Foley to replace Will Muschamp

Colorado State: On ESPNU's CFB Daily, Jim McElwain was asked about his name being thrown around for jobs. He responded by saying his job is to elevate Colorado State, and that’s what’s being done. “I kind of look at it as that’s part of our job. It’s kind of exciting, because when you get the opportunity, the one thing that’s out there is Colorado State University. That was part of our mission, and we’re starting to get there.” It's worth noting McElwain has an initial buyout of $7.5 million.

Oklahoma: On the Big 12 teleconference, Bob Stoops was asked if he’d consider the Florida job. Stoops replied, “No. All I want to be is a candidate at Oklahoma. I’m not a candidate anywhere else. I’m not going to answer it anymore. I’m finished with that question.”

Interesting. Foley may not be able to make that splash hire after all. Then again, the first two coaches listed are still "on the job" and have this season to finish coaching their own teams.

A lot can happen between now and then.

Hmmm. Not so easy to just hire a beast coach even when you are UF. Of course gator posters have said Mullen wasn't big on the higher ups lists. Stoops has had enough trouble with lesser competition doubt he really wants into the Lions den.

What do you expect coaches to say with the season still going on?

What do you expect coaches to say with the season still going on?

324vU.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Its gonna be kiffin, write it down. I know he's a dweeb, and has failed everywhere as a HC, but I swear I'm not gonna be surprised.

Reactions: 3 people
Nobody wants that dumpster fire of a job now...I knew Stoops would say no...This is the 3rd time they have asked and he's turned them down 3 times...Get a clue lol...Happy to see Rich Rod staying in Arizona, He's building a nice program out there....So, I guess its on to potential big time assistants for mighty Floriduh now...Lane kiffin is available...Gonna do it?...Gonna hire him?

Its gonna be kiffin, write it down. I know he's a dweeb, and has failed everywhere as a HC, but I swear I'm not gonna be surprised.

I agree 100%. He won't be very high on their list, but they will resort to making the phone call after being turned down by multiple candidates. He will blow them away in the interview.

VN Store

Back