Auburn fan writes letter of mistreatment in Athens

Sorry butthurt Auburn fan...

I-dont-believe-you-80288324204.jpeg

I am a mild mannered person by nature. However, if you spit on me it's go time. I don't care who does it, nothing more disgusting and demeaning as that.

Reactions: 2 people
Went to Athens in 2004 and set smack dab in the middle of the stadium, completely surrounded by UGA fans; nothing remotely close to this happened. The worst we got was a "f you" as we walked by a fraternity house after the game.

I'm not buying the being spat on 20+ times by multiple individuals.

Went to Athens in 2004 and set smack dab in the middle of the stadium, completely surrounded by UGA fans; nothing remotely close to this happened. The worst we got was a "f you" as we walked by a fraternity house after the game.

I'm not buying the being spat on 20+ times by multiple individuals.

I needed a jump after the '06 game and was parked next to a group of UGA fans that were happy to help and we had just beaten them 51-33... For some reason most of the rude behavior I've run across from rival fans has been while leaving Neyland or on Cumberland while they were gloating.

Last edited:
Been down to Athens twice for games and never had anything even remotely close to this happen.

I went to Athens in '04 and '06 and had an awesome time. People were mostly nice to us and I did not have any altercations. I went to Auburn in '03 and the majority of those people were dicks. Peeing in super soakers and a lot of other bs stuff, State Troopers got involved, it was a bad situation. It is the worst road game I've ever experienced and it was not isolated to a small group. It was campus wide.

I went to the 2008 game with similar experiences. While walking through the "quad" a UGA fan got up in my face (app. 3 inches from my nose) and started barking at me. I could smell the cigarettes and liquor on his breath. While in the stadium, my wife and I had Coke bottle caps and peanuts throwed at us the entire game. A middle age UGA fan that was sitting in front of us would stand up, slowly turn facing us and give us an evil stare every time we cheered, especially when EB grab that interception. While leaving we also witness a fight in one of the concourses in the stadium.

I have been to multiple games at Neyland (UGA 09, Cinci 11, USCe 95, Vandy 01 & 04, and the SECC 01 vs LSU at the Georgia Dome) and never seen anything like that.

I only attended one game in Athens, 1995 when the old Gator Bowl was being renovated. Before the game I walked down near the south end zone where UF was warming up to speak to a student manager on the field. I walked right past the UGA student section and got called every name in the book. No spitting, no drinks thrown, just R-rated language.

That night UF fans were everywhere in Athens, watching the Braves win the World Series. There were a couple drunken altercations, nothing out of the ordinary...just drunk people acting foolish.

All that said, I don't begrudge any fan who claims something out of the ordinary happened on the road, because all it takes is one drunken a-hole hell bent on causing trouble.

Last edited:
I went to Athens once. They are a s***** fan base. Nothin like that happened, but still the worst experience on the road I've had.

I went to Athens once. They are a s***** fan base. Nothin like that happened, but still the worst experience on the road I've had.

I've seen UGA fans act a fool in Jacksonville for the past 4 decades...ditto for my own fan base.

Can't say I've ever seen a fan minding his own business getting spat on by a rival fan. Like someone else said, it's go time once that happens.

I went to the 2008 game with similar experiences. While walking through the "quad" a UGA fan got up in my face (app. 3 inches from my nose) and started barking at me. I could smell the cigarettes and liquor on his breath. While in the stadium, my wife and I had Coke bottle caps and peanuts throwed at us the entire game. A middle age UGA fan that was sitting in front of us would stand up, slowly turn facing us and give us an evil stare every time we cheered, especially when EB grab that interception. While leaving we also witness a fight in one of the concourses in the stadium.

I have been to multiple games at Neyland (UGA 09, Cinci 11, USCe 95, Vandy 01 & 04, and the SECC 01 vs LSU at the Georgia Dome) and never seen anything like that.

Did you happen to add a "Y" in your enunciation when speaking with their fans? Maybe why.

Its the 1% of fans that are idiots, most never attended the university or could spell Bulldogs. It's sad that people like this ruin the experience for others. I've only had 1 instance where I was concerned for my safety and that was at LSU. This was back when Fulmer 1st took over and we had just beat them in BR and I went to a bar/club after the game. Some dudes were giving me crap but I was lucky to be with 2 former LSU players I was friends with or I might have gotten my butt handed to me. I do like the guy who stands up and turns to stare at you, what a typical redneck douchebag

When you a get a couple hundred thousand people together, add rivarly, and lots of alcohol there are bound to be a couple of a-holes in the bunch that will take things too far.

There are lines that are grayed when busting someones balls but we all know when they are crossed. What helps a fan base is when this happens, the other fans step and and tell the a-hole to shut the f* up.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back