Report: Gurley likely has torn ACL

TooLegit2Quit

Those I spoke w/this AM fear the worst w/ #UGA RB Todd Gurley. All feel he has a torn ACL. Awaiting "official" results from today's MRI

Source

Ugh, makes me sick how the NCAA takes advantage of these players. Something has to be done about the 3 year rule, especially post-Lattimore. Hope he's able to recover.

I don't know how long it will take before it sinks in, but the 3 year rule has nothing to do with the NCAA.

Go talk to the NFL and the NFLPA

Reactions: 3 people
I don't know how long it will take before it sinks in, but the 3 year rule has nothing to do with the NCAA.

Go talk to the NFL and the NFLPA

Yeah, I knew the NFL had to be partly to blame since they get a farm system free of charge. Crappy situation. Big time college athletics are just some shady stuff all around.

Good thing that he can't receive any money for his autographs but the NCAA can continue to profit off of his ACL.

Reactions: 1 person
That's to bad, but none of these guys has to play their Jr year. Take it off recover, workout and go to the draft. Bryce Brown played 1 season.

That's to bad, but none of these guys has to play there Jr year. Take it off recover, workout and go to the draft. Bryce Brown played 1 season.

I wish Gurley had refused to come back after his suspension. Would have made the NCAA look like even bigger fools.

I wish Gurley had refused to come back after his suspension. Would have made the NCAA look like even bigger fools.

I was a little surprised he didn't for this exact situation. The decision to come back was an emotional one; he had nothing to gain on the business side (fighting to move up the draft chart).

I am now. Addressed it further on down the thread. Makes sense it'd be their rule. Works out for both parties(NCAA and NFL/NFLPA) quite nicely at the end of the day.

That said, it's not going to change. It was already challenged by the Maurice Clarett and Mike Williams lawsuits - at several levels of court - and it won out in the end. (While Clarett won his case at trial, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the decision.)

I believe it's as result of being an overall private organization, I'd have to read up on it all again...but either way the courts ruled that they - the NFL - are allowed to have such rules in place.

That sucks. Hopefully he recovers quickly and makes a ton of money in the pros.

Idiotic by him, his dad, and anyone else that thought it was a good idea to come back and play a few meaningless college games.

Idiotic by him, his dad, and anyone else that thought it was a good idea to come back and play a few meaningless college games.

If you're part of a team, What's meaningless about playing for a conference title and an outside shot at a playoff spot?

Reactions: 2 people
He shouldn't have come back from the suspension to start with. If I were him I'd just chill till the draft and save my body for the pros.

If you're part of a team, What's meaningless about playing for a conference title and an outside shot at a playoff spot?

He is a top 5 pick and the AA gave him an out where no one would have ever questioned him if he chose not to play another down in college. It was idiotic.

Also, since you're into this lollipop rainbow team idea....then don't sell autographs and put your TEAM in a bad situation.

This is what I posted when he was suspended. Wish he would have done it.

GA hasn't even turned in the report yet?! Man, if I'm Gurley I might just tell them "I'm good...don't ever turn it in." Then I would call an agent, sign up, and start training for the combine. I mean, two weeks and they are so "very burdened" they can't file a report? Wow !

Guy is an amazing competitor. The guy gave a beating but also took a beating. He should be back though. I suspect the arm injury is what precipitated the knee injury because stiff arming was so important to his style and he couldn't do it with the arm brace. The coach should have taken him out.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll never fault a guy for coming back to try and help his team win a title. Hope he heals quick and makes bank in the league.

Whats idiotic is he was still playing in the 4th Q and it happened with 5 minutes left in the game --- 34 -7 really Richt ?

VN Store

Back