Muschamp Predictions and Speculation

DiderotsGhost

Two predictions, and feel free to call me a fool when I'm inevitably wrong:

(1) Muschamp beats Florida State at the end of the season,
(2) Spurrier hires Muschamp as DC at South Carolina

I'd be happy with #1, but #2 would be bad. I really hope someone else hires him, but can anyone think of a higher-quality DC job coming available than South Carolina? Technically, Spurrier hasn't fired his DC yet, but I don't see how he could keep him after this season's debacle. Spurrier and Muschamp are friends, as well.

Hopefully there's a better job coming available. Texas A&M is a possibility, but I have a gut-feeling that Sumlin won't make a change there. Michigan is also a possibility depending on who they end up hiring. (And technically, Hoke still hasn't been fired, but he likely will once they hire a new DC.)

Any other possibilities out there?

Reactions: 2 people
Will Muschamp show is on channel 702 Comcast Nashville if anyone is interested. I just turned it on and haven't seen him yet.

now he's on

Two predictions, and feel free to call me a fool when I'm inevitably wrong:

(1) Muschamp beats Florida State at the end of the season,
(2) Spurrier hires Muschamp as DC at South Carolina

I'd be happy with #1, but #2 would be bad. I really hope someone else hires him, but can anyone think of a higher-quality DC job coming available than South Carolina? Technically, Spurrier hasn't fired his DC yet, but I don't see how he could keep him after this season's debacle. Spurrier and Muschamp are friends, as well.

Hopefully there's a better job coming available. Texas A&M is a possibility, but I have a gut-feeling that Sumlin won't make a change there. Michigan is also a possibility depending on who they end up hiring. (And technically, Hoke still hasn't been fired, but he likely will once they hire a new DC.)

Any other possibilities out there?

Why does ANYONE posting on a UT football board give a shiite whether he coaches anywhere again?

“It’s a lot better to be the coach at Florida than Tennessee, I can assure you of that.” - Will Muschump

F him and the horse that he rides out of Gainesville.

Reactions: 1 person
#1 seems unlikely :)

Florida State has skirted by about 5 different teams now, and they haven't beaten anyone ranked above #25 in the Sagarin ratings. They've looked very beatable this year, but haven't played anyone of note. Florida will actually be the highest ranked team they face all year based on Sagarin.

Also, if you think about it, Muschamp has done OK in a few big games. The reason he's failed at Florida is that he hasn't been consistent and continually loses to middling teams that he should beat. He's exactly the type of coach that could beat a top 5 team one week and lose to a middling MAC program the next.

In terms of talent, Florida is right up there with Florida State. It's just that Florida has underperformed for most of the season. But I wouldn't be shocked if the Gators come out fired up to beat Florida State.

Florida State has skirted by about 5 different teams now, and they haven't beaten anyone ranked above #25 in the Sagarin ratings. They've looked very beatable this year, but haven't played anyone of note. Florida will actually be the highest ranked team they face all year based on Sagarin.

Also, if you think about it, Muschamp has done OK in a few big games. The reason he's failed at Florida is that he hasn't been consistent and continually loses to middling teams that he should beat. He's exactly the type of coach that could beat a top 5 team one week and lose to a middling MAC program the next.

In terms of talent, Florida is right up there with Florida State. It's just that Florida has underperformed for most of the season. But I wouldn't be shocked if the Gators come out fired up to beat Florida State.

Just meant that since Muschamp was fired it seemed unlikely.

Didn't realize he was finishing out the season.

VN Store

Back