The Deep South's Oldest Rivalry: #9 Auburn vs #15 Georgia (ESPN, 7:15 PM)

TrueOrange

This is a big stipulations to it tonight. (Though perhaps not as big as it could have been had UF won against South Carolina.)

Auburn hopes to keep what SEC West hopes it has (presuming the score holds for an Alabama victory over Miss St) alive with a win tonight.

If Auburn can win tonight and then beats Alabama in the Iron Bowl, a Miss St loss to Ole Miss (and Ole Miss beating Arky) would allow Auburn to win the SEC West in the last week.

Meanwhile, UGA is probably coming into this one a little less stressed than they had been all week. Now that UF lost to South Carolina, a loss to Auburn will no longer eliminate UGA from SEC East contention. They can now win the East if they win tonight and Missouri loses to either A&M, UT, or Arkansas. Or if they lose, they can still win it as long as Missouri loses to two of those teams.

Both these teams have offenses, but neither seems to be terribly strong in the defensive department.

This should be a good, high-scoring game.

Last edited:
There should be some sort of replay/challenge there. That was too big of a play in the game not to take a second look at it.

Perhaps I am wearing my Orange Colored Glasses, but I think when Dobbs has played as many games as Marshall...it won't be close; Dobbs will be a much better passer.

VN Store

Back