Auburn at Georgia

Dave1967

Auburn and Georgia play another in the Deep South's oldest football rivalry. Auburn i think will rebound from their tough loss to Texas A&M by beating Georgia 38-28.

I would say auburn wins this semi big game, but now that Georgia is out of the playoffs they'll probably win.

I would say auburn wins this semi big game, but now that Georgia is out of the playoffs they'll probably win.

I think Georgia loses this game,beats Charleston Southern and loses to Georgia Tech to end the regular seasom 8-4. They'll take their 8-4 record to the SECCG and get stomped by either Alabama or Mississippi State.

I think Georgia loses this game,beats Charleston Southern and loses to Georgia Tech to end the regular seasom 8-4. They'll take their 8-4 record to the SECCG and get stomped by either Alabama or Mississippi State.

Sounds good to me

I live in Georgia so I hope your right!

I say they win out. Georgia always chokes on that one game, but they don't roll over. They will cap a season that can only be remembered by "ifs."

You think UGA gets into the SECCG with 3 SEC losses?:no:

Reactions: 1 person

Georgia can't get into the SEC championship with 3 conference losses unless Florida loses to South Carolina.

Tennessee will beat Missouri

Not what he was talking about.

And even then, they still need Missouri to lose 1 more game...and if UGA loses to Auburn and UF beats SC, then it doesn't matter; either UF goes or it's a three-way tie that either Missouri or Florida wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
You think UGA gets into the SECCG with 3 SEC losses?:no:

Not really that hard to imagine, unless you think A&M and UT have no shot at beating Mizzou.

I think UGA wins this Saturday so I don't see it mattering. I also see Mizzou losing at least 1 more game.

Not really that hard to imagine, unless you think A&M and UT have no shot at beating Mizzou.

I think UGA wins this Saturday so I don't see it mattering. I also see Mizzou losing at least 1 more game.

The point was less on Missouri's end and more that, if UGA loses to Auburn (for that 3rd conference loss), they can't have UF beat South Carolina.

If UGA loses this week and gators win that game, UGA's out. UGA would either lose the head-to-head tiebreaker with UF (if Missouri loses out) or they'd lose the second tiebreaker in a three-way tie between Missouri and UF (UF - and depending on how their game against UT goes, Missouri - would have 1 loss in division while UGA would have 2 divisional losses).

UF losing to USC wouldn't be much of a shock either.

I think UGA wins against the Barn this weekend which makes it moot.

its all going to depend on who doesnt play defense - UF is the only D that is actually pretty good of the 4 teams involved in these 2 games -- my picks - UF and Auburn --- Oh and Muschump remains at UF next season :p

Eh, with SCAR's defense, it might be.

Right. The poster you quoted, though, was responding to a prediction by the OP that UGA would lose to Auburn yet still make the conference championship (just because missouri would lose to UT), and he was saying it wouldn't just work like that.

But yes, you're right. UGA beats Auburn and it's all moot.

its all going to depend on who doesnt play defense - UF is the only D that is actually pretty good of the 4 teams involved in these 2 games -- my picks - UF and Auburn --- Oh and Muschump remains at UF next season :p

The only time South Carolina has played defense all year has been Furman. Take away that performance, and they're giving up close to 40 pts a game.

The other game depends on UGA's offense, in all honesty (both teams seem mediocre on defense), especially if it comes down to UGA having to pass the ball.

I would not put one dollar in a bet on this game if you gave me 6 points for the team of my choosing. I think both have weaknesses and I think I will just sit back and watch how it unfolds.

VN Store

Back