Bruce Pearl's impact: Auburn has sold out its season tickets for hoops

Auburn is a school that values wins above all else, and so far, it has worked out pretty damn well for them.

We lost a great coach there, IMO. I liked pearls style. Hated to see him go. He will get Auburn turned around. They will probably get to the elite 8 or better in the next couple of years.

Last edited:
Sorry, IMO we should have forgiven CBP and rehired him. His '2nd chance' should have been with us not AU. Wasn't like he sold children to Nike's Chinese factories.

Reactions: 5 people
Sorry, IMO we should have forgiven CBP and rehired him. His '2nd chance' should have been with us not AU. Wasn't like he sold children to Nike's Chinese factories.

So we should've fired a coach who had just taken us to the sweet 16 and hired one coming off of a show cause penalty?

Man, thats brilliant.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, I watched more basketball when Pearl was our head coach. He made tennessee relevant again. It's not one of my favorite sports, but I do watch the tourney every year. I also enjoyed how he got Coach Summitt to not be so serious all the time. I wish him the best at Auburn or Ole Miss,lol.

So we should've fired a coach who had just taken us to the sweet 16 and hired one coming off of a show cause penalty?

Man, thats brilliant.

Because knee jerk firings and hirings have worked out so well at Tennessee.

Tyndall may turn out to be a great coach but I have serious doubts. I have a feeling he will be another low ball hire like Dooley was. Pearl served his sentence. He should have been given a second chance here.

Reactions: 2 people
We lost a great coach there, IMO. I liked pearls style. Hated to see him go. He will get Auburn turned around. They will probably get to the elite 8 or better in the next couple of years.

Uh no.

VN Store

Back