What was your first non-UT college football game you attended?

Dave1967

My first non-Tennessee college football game that i attended was the 1983 Georgia Tech-Furman game. It was Homecoming at Georgia Tech and Furman came away with a 17-14 win which sucked.:eek:hmy:

Back in the '70's, I lived in Connecticut and we would go to UCONN football games most weekends. About once a month, we'd drive up to watch the Patriots play.

Reactions: 1 person
Duke, 1972. I have no idea of the opponent. There was an aroma in the air, and it wasn't burning leaves. Not oak or maple, anyway.

Dook was awful then. The favorite chant was "If you can't go to college, go to State." (clap clap)

Duke, 1972. I have no idea of the opponent. There was an aroma in the air, and it wasn't burning leaves. Not oak or maple, anyway.

Dook was awful then. The favorite chant was "If you can't go to college, go to State." (clap clap)

The only notable win Duke had in 1972 was a 20-14 win in Durham over #20 Georgia Tech.

2004 - San Diego State vs Utah (Alex Smith) (Corch Ervin Meyers)

The only notable win Duke had in 1972 was a 20-14 win in Durham over #20 Georgia Tech.

About all I remember was that an end zone was open; just a grass-covered hill covered with students throwing Frisbees for the quad dogs. I don't think I went to more than two games.

About all I remember was that an end zone was open; just a grass-covered hill covered with students throwing Frisbees for the quad dogs. I don't think I went to more than two games.

GT used to have a hard time with Duke. Pepper Rodgers in the time he coached GT from 1974-1979 only beat Duke once(in 1979). Duke had a very good WR in 1972 named Wes Chesson who played for the Falcons for a few seasons.

Last edited:
I went to some Penn State games when I was younger but I don't remember much of them and didn't really appreciate the whole package at the time.

A few weeks ago I attended the Clemson-Syracuse game. The tailgating was first class and the stadium was very nice but the actual game experience was very boring (and not just because it was against Syracuse). The Hill and Howard's rock is nothing compared to running through the T and the volume isn't even close to that of Neyland or Beaver Stadium. Nobody really even seemed to care about the game, even when it was close.

Duke versus someone in the mid 1980s. My parents had season tickets back then.

2000 University of Idaho at the University of North Dakota.

This was my first every college FB game and also was the last year before UND started playing indoors. Very very cold game that day haha.

I had tickets to a Liberty Bowl, I wanna say it was Boise and Louisville? I don't make a habit out of attending college games that don't feature the Power T

VN Store

Back