North Carolina is going to get it...

Wow. Basically, over 20 men's basketball players a year were enrolled in fake classes from 1993 to 2011.

This is going to destroy UNC. Dukie's are pooping themselves right now.

It's one thing to claim underwater basket weaving....it's another thing to actually do it. Crazy.

Wow. Basically, over 20 men's basketball players a year were enrolled in fake classes from 1993 to 2011.

It's one thing to claim underwater basket weaving....it's another thing to actually do it. Crazy.

Underwater basket weaving doesn't really sound easy.

That's a Masters level class at Bama.

Reactions: 4 people
It has to be the death penalty in multiple sports. I mean , the University was obviously a part of it. That is beyond lack of institutional control, that is the institution taking part in the crime. That is way worse than some SMU boosters buying the football team a few players to compete with Texas.

Reactions: 1 person
It has to be the death penalty in multiple sports. I mean , the University was obviously a part of it. That is beyond lack of institutional control, that is the institution taking part in the crime. That is way worse than some SMU boosters buying the football team a few players to compete with Texas.

I don't know. I think UNC basketball is too much of a cash cow for the NCAA to deal out the death penalty to them.

I think they'll get penalized, badly. And I think they SHOULD get the death penalty in multiple sports...

But unfortunately, I think money will talk in this one.

I don't know. I think UNC basketball is too much of a cash cow for the NCAA to deal out the death penalty to them.

I think they'll get penalized, badly. And I think they SHOULD get the death penalty in multiple sports...

But unfortunately, I think money will talk in this one.

I don't know how the ncaa could not give them the death penalty and still seem even remotely fair and legit. UNC is just about forcing their hand on this. The ncaa will have no "institutional control" if they sweep this under the rug or give a wrist slap.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't believe the NCAA will ever hand down the death penalty again. There is too much at stake, and it would effect the ACC as a whole and every other school UNC plays on it's schedule. These conferences make money as a group, and that would effectively punish other schools who had nothing to do with it. I think they are looking at scholarship reductions and probably a post season ban. JMO.

Basically, over 20 men's basketball players a year were enrolled in fake classes from 1993 to 2011.

I'm a Dukie and I get no enjoyment from this. It ruins the entire rivalry, the mystique of it, the tradition and the honor of said rivalry.

That said, I'm confused by the wording of the article, notable the part quoted. Teams typically only consist of 17-18 players max. How was basketball alone responsible for 20 players per year?

I'm a huge Duke fan and I derive no joy from this at all.

I don't believe the NCAA will ever hand down the death penalty again. There is too much at stake, and it would effect the ACC as a whole and every other school UNC plays on it's schedule. These conferences make money as a group, and that would effectively punish other schools who had nothing to do with it. I think they are looking at scholarship reductions and probably a post season ban. JMO.

If someone in your family commits a crime and has to pay the price of said crime, it affects all of the innocent family members too. That's just how it is. You can't not punish someone or an institution appropriately just because it's going to affect others negatively too.

North Carolina is going to get it from Pitt this Saturday,from Duke on the 22nd and NCSU on the 29th.

North Carolina has always ran a dirty program, from basketball to football to women's sports. DEATH to the Tar Heels!!!!!!!!!!!

just what kind of courses do 1 and doners take ? NCAA/NBA is a major part of the problem by allowing that rule.

Reactions: 2 people
ESPN has ignored the Winston point shaving story also but whattayaknow the Tyndall SoMiss story was on there

While I agree with they should be covering the UNC stuff more, the Winston point shaving claims isn't exactly coming for reputable source

I'm a huge Duke fan and I derive no joy from this at all.

Agreed. I've been involved in the Duke/UNC since I was 5 years old. As much as I despise UNC, I would despise not having the rivalry more. At least from a basketball perspective, the football program can burn for all I care. No team has ever cheated more and accomplished less than the Heels football program.

VN Store

Back