Bunch of pansies...

Are players in football tougher today than in the 1980s?

• Total voters

roddo518

Coach
I have never seen so many games decided because someone just throws the ball away when they get hurt. You might as well be a hero. In my day people were allowed to play with blood spurting, it's just what you did. It was ingrained in your being, might as well catch the ball, your gonna get hit anyway. We have become faster, stronger, and bigger, but with less heart. Might as well score anyway, your leg will still be hurt.

Yeldon looked like there might be some ligament damage, but still tried to grab the ball in mid air. Ole miss player just dropped the ball for sure though. It could be worse, could be the player who dropped the ball before he score amd wasnt hurt!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Trust me son, my toughness is not determined by Internet.

But the internet has provided you with the opportunity to put your dumbassery on display for the world to see.

And the internet has determined that you are, in fact, full of dumbassery.

And I promise you that if you broke your ankle you would drop the ball too.

Lastly, my grandma said bring in on pansy. She says you're soft and couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag. She says you're softer than her velvet pillow and you couldn't even win at rock-paper-scissors. ... against yourself

Reactions: 13 people
You guys are the ones being Internet tough guys. Which I seriously doubt you are in the real world judging from your comments. I don't really care if you believe me or not, I was just telling you how it was when I played. You can call bs all you like, it's just the way it was. You see, I'm not talking about play station, or soccer, I'm talking about football back in the 70s and 80s. Something most of you can not even comprehend.

You started a dumb thread, you've gotten roasted for it, best you just take your ball and go home now imo.

Reactions: 3 people
I have never seen so many games decided because someone just throws the ball away when they get hurt. You might as well be a hero. In my day people were allowed to play with blood spurting, it's just what you did.

Funny thing, turns out we all found out that's not good for you in the long run...remotely.

It was ingrained in your being, might as well catch the ball, your gonna get hit anyway. We have become faster, stronger, and bigger, but with less heart. Might as well score anyway, your leg will still be hurt.

I'd argue it's with more now.

VN Store

Back