Best towns in the SEC?

Tuscaloosa is a one of the worst towns I frequent. I would only put Starkville below it. Columbia is pretty awful too imo.

I'd obviously rank Lexington up much higher as it's a beautiful town.

Reactions: 2 people
Tuscaloosa is a one of the worst towns I frequent. I would only put Starkville below it. Columbia is pretty awful too imo.

traffic is horrible, but Keenland and the horse country makes up for anything negative

Tuscaloosa is way too high.

Nashville should be #1, even if the town has little concern for the SEC program it houses. Baton Rouge should be #2. After that... eh?

Reactions: 2 people

Which Columbia?

Starkville is easily the worst. It's in the middle of nowhere and not much to offer in the town. No abundance of night life and restaurants.

That goes without saying that I don't dislike State at all. The fans are good and they're good people.

The list should be...
1. Nashville
2-13 tie
14 Starkville

Pretty much.

1 and 14 are easy to pinpoint. The others are all debateable.

I like Athens and, actually, I like Tuscaloosa. Columbia can be fun if you know where to look. Gainesville and Lexington should be in the bottom half. The only good part about Lexington is the availability of good bourbon.

The only good part about Lexington is the availability of good bourbon.

If Downtown ever gets finished it might actually be fun to go down there. Nevertheless, I can't imagine much of a better day than going to Kenneland, tailgating, uk game, then going out to eat at Malones/Ramseys/or the other great places.

I can't speak for pretty much any of the other cities. Haven't been to them on gamedays and seen the atmosphere. Hope to next year catch a game in neyland and try to hit athens/nashville maybe.

Tuscaloosa has nothing going on. once classes end it is a ghost town, nothing happens. Spent a couple weeks there in the summer and it was terrible, no energy, during the school year its pretty nice but not #2

If Downtown ever gets finished it might actually be fun to go down there. Nevertheless, I can't imagine much of a better day than going to Kenneland, tailgating, uk game, then going out to eat at Malones/Ramseys/or the other great places.

I can't speak for pretty much any of the other cities. Haven't been to them on gamedays and seen the atmosphere. Hope to next year catch a game in neyland and try to hit athens/nashville maybe.

Keeneland is on my list of things to do.

I haven't been to lexington in several years, was planning on going next year

Pretty much.

1 and 14 are easy to pinpoint. The others are all debateable.

I like Athens and, actually, I like Tuscaloosa. Columbia can be fun if you know where to look. Gainesville and Lexington should be in the bottom half. The only good part about Lexington is the availability of good bourbon.

you can get find bourbon (good or bad) anywhere, if that is a pre-requisite for a good town, might as well be in Johnson City

I agree with Nashville and Tuscaloosa being in wrong spots. There is nothing in Tuscaloosa. There is everything in Nashville.

I guess they are rating based on what a game day is like.

Tuscaloosa has some surprisingly good places to eat, and all the bars you could want in a college town. If one were judging based solely on the campus, Bama is as nice as any in the SEC. But there really is nothing other than the school in the town. So I'm not sure why one would ever hang out there other than over a game weekend. That said, there are several really nice golf courses within half an hour of T-Town.

Nashville is really the only SEC town that provides reasons to visit other than the school. Unless one is being generous and gives credit for tourist spots within short driving distance, such as Knoxville to Gatlinburg or Baton Rouge to New Orleans.

Keeneland is on my list of things to do.

I haven't been to lexington in several years, was planning on going next year

Was there last year, 1st time @ Keeneland. ChurchHill is a dump in comparison. Not to mention, Kentucky ladies love to put on the dresses - and get drunk.

VN Store

Back