Here's a list of 10 possible candidates for the Michigan job

Until the day comes that Lloyd Carr is excommunicated from the University, Les Miles will never get an offer to coach at Michigan.

Funny, they said it's easier to win in Starkville than in Michigan? Up until about three years ago that would be the same as saying it's easier to win at ky than Michigan.

Ann Arbor would burn if Schiano or Wheatley were hired. If anyone in Schembechler Hall has a shred of intelligence, they'll do much better than that. I'm intrigued by McElwain.

Reactions: 1 person
Until the day comes that Lloyd Carr is excommunicated from the University, Les Miles will never get an offer to coach at Michigan.

Pretty sure the offered him before Hoke. Thats when ole Kirk Herby broke the story on Espn that Miles had been hired by UM...well...not so fast my friend. Lol.

Pretty sure the offered him before Hoke. Thats when ole Kirk Herby broke the story on Espn that Miles had been hired by UM...well...not so fast my friend. Lol.

He was never offered the job. There were many at UM that wanted him, but the terrific trio of Lloyd Carr, Bill McCartney, and Gary Moeller would never let it happen. Of course that's a lot of hearsay, but that's what I was always told. With Brandon out, who knows what they will do, but that trio absolutely despises Miles.

He was never offered the job. There were many at UM that wanted him, but the terrific trio of Lloyd Carr, Bill McCartney, and Gary Moeller would never let it happen. Of course that's a lot of hearsay, but that's what I was always told. With Brandon out, who knows what they will do, but that trio absolutely despises Miles.

Why?

Some of the people on that list have zero qualifications for that job. Wheatley? No way.

Last edited:

You are correct. Les was never offered the job back in 2007. However, I would not count him out as a possible replacement this time around. What I've been told is that UM will do anything and everything to get one of these four as their next HC.

Jim Harbaugh
John Harbaugh
Les Miles
Dan Mullen

You are correct. Les was never offered the job back in 2007. However, I would not count him out as a possible replacement this time around. What I've been told is that UM will do anything and everything to get one of these four as their next HC.

Jim Harbaugh
John Harbaugh
Les Miles
Dan Mullen

All depends on how far they will go to ignore Carr. I think if Michigan does offer to Miles, he would seriously consider it and theres a good chance he would take it. Of course I'm not Miles so its just my uneducated opinion.

The Michigan Man syndrome surrounding the university was, is, and will be sickening. Good thing we can keep alcoholic Moeller around because he won a Rose Bowl.

Jim Harbaugh
John Harbaugh
Les Miles
Dan Mullen

Wondering are they allowed to contact any of these coaches during the season (NFL included)

Wondering are they allowed to contact any of these coaches during the season (NFL included)

They'll contact agents to gauge interest levels. Obviously they won't talk to a coach (unless his name is Bobby Petrino) with the regular season still going.

VN Store

Back