Bowl Games....who knew??

dd4vols

can't say I have marked my calendar for some of these games..

The Camellia Bowl?? where is that...and even more important...what is a Camellia?

we now have a Miami Beach Bowl, a Boca Raton Bowl, and a St Petersburg Bowl? I guess octogenarians will watch any 2 college football teams if you put them on a field.

the Bahamas Bowl? the Atlantic Ocean's answer to the Hawaii Bowl...

a Military Bowl...AND an Armed Forces Bowl?? what's on the horizon....the ROTC Bowl?

the TaxSlayer Bowl? trying to tap my prolific nerd CPA market???

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Wait, what does this have to do with Tennessee? Do any of these bowls have SEC tie-ins?

can't say I have marked my calendar for some of these games..

The Camellia Bowl?? where is that...and even more important...what is a Camellia?

we now have a Miami Beach Bowl, a Boca Raton Bowl, and a St Petersburg Bowl? I guess octogenarians will watch any 2 college football teams if you put them on a field.

the Bahamas Bowl? the Atlantic Ocean's answer to the Hawaii Bowl...

a Military Bowl...AND an Armed Forces Bowl?? what's on the horizon....the ROTC Bowl?

the TaxSlayer Bowl? trying to tap my prolific nerd CPA market???

Definitely needed more bowls. Too many really, really good 6 win teams being left out of post season.

blue font/

everyone gets a trophy....mediocrity has gripped college football more than ever. It definitely wouldn't be to our benefit nowadays...but I really long for the days when there were only a dozen or so bowls and the best of the best had post season games. Oh well....probably just an semi-old-guy rant.

So many sponsors that appear not large enough to spend this kind of money.
But I am no expert. Maybe Wintzells oyster house made a good investment with the Camellia bowl. After all, I just gave them a free plug.

I'm waiting for the Chinese to get involved and sponsor a bowl. Gonna be weird playing in the 北京碗 Bowl.

Reactions: 2 people
everyone gets a trophy....mediocrity has gripped college football more than ever. It definitely wouldn't be to our benefit nowadays...but I really long for the days when there were only a dozen or so bowls and the best of the best had post season games. Oh well....probably just an semi-old-guy rant.

Many cities are now cashing in on the tourism generated by bowl games, so middle sized cities are trying to lure a bowl game to their city. Tourists, tourists, tourists.

El Paso (Sun Bowl) Birmingham, Boise, Shreveport, San Antonio etc. etc.

It used to be larger cities only that could accommodate large crowds for the games. Los Angeles, Atlanta, Miami, Phoenix, Houston, Dallas,

It all about $$$$$$$$ for the cities now.

Also, with the profit sharing in the S.E.C., if 9 teams go to bowl games, then we get part of the money from all 9 teams, so it benefits us too.

Vandy, USC., LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Missouri, Miss State, Ole Miss & UGA all gave us shares of their money they earned participating in the bowl games last season.

But you are correct, it is sorta weird to reward a team with a bowl game for breaking 500 for the season.

JMO, but the BCS ruined the bowls.

VN Store

Back