Lattimore retiring

RockiesTop22

I know he's not a vol- but gotta feel bad for the kid. Seemed like a great guy and an elite talent. A lot of respect for him- still having issues with the knee and retiring in year 2

Hope the best for him. Go Vols

Reactions: 1 person
I know he's not a vol- but gotta feel bad for the kid. Seemed like a great guy and an elite talent. A lot of respect for him- still having issues with the knee and retiring in year 2

Hope the best for him. Go Vols
Edit

Reactions: 8 people
man that's rough. he was a great talent, and I hope he finds something productive to do following his retirement.

Always thought he seemed like a good guy. I was rooting for him to heal up and tear up the lLeague. Wish him the best.

Man I hate to hear that. I had a lot of respect for the way he played and conducted himself on the field, and from what I hear the way he conducted himself off the field as well. Whether he played for the vols or not, he was fun to watch on Saturdays.

Reactions: 2 people
Hate to hear it. These kids invest more than many of us could fathom..then get injured/hopes gone.
I hope Lattimore has a successful career in whatever he chooses and a great family life.

Reactions: 4 people
I was in Columbia the day he tore his knee up against us. It was without a doubt the saddest scene I've ever seen live on a football field.

I hate it for him. Who was it that blew up his knee. I want to say cam Sutton but if he's been out of two years it couldn't be him. Either way... I fell bad for him. He didn't really have a chance to make his money. And he was a Adrian Peterson caliber talent

Lattimore is a class act and will do well in life with whatever he choses. Best of luck to him.

Every one out there faces the same thing eventually. Either through injury or loss of skills. Should not be a surprise. This is why I think it is so foolish to leave school early without the degree. Don't know if Lattimore did graduate or not but that is what will carry them through to old age. Far too many take the short term cash gain and suffer the rest of their lives for that decision thinking it will tide them over. It won't.

I dont know his speaking skills. Seemed like a humble guy handing ball to refs when he scored ala Barry Sanders. If he can talk about the game maybe he would be a good SEC network representative.

Reactions: 1 person
A player you couldn't help but admire no matter which team you cheer for. Though I am not a niners fan, I had to admire them taking him knowing it was possible he would never see the field in the NFL. I know he did everything he would to rehab. And had he been successful in that rehab and made his NFL debut, I would have been a niners fan for at least one day. I hope he does well in whatever decision he makes for his future.

Brings up interesting thought. How much of USCjr fall is related to being without Lattimore and Clowney? I know some can be attributed to them moving on, but I think without OBC recruiting some very close to those two's talents USCjr goes back to being mediocre.

VN Store

Back