Miami (4-3) vs Virginia Tech (4-3) (8 PM, ESPN)

TrueOrange

It's that time of the week again: Thursday night ACC football.

Both these teams are (1-2) in the ACC, and here are the standings in their division:

Duke 2-1
Virginia 2-1
Pittsburgh 2-1
Georgia Tech 2-2
Miami (FL) 1-2
Virginia Tech 1-2
North Carolina 1-2

(Miami's got a win over Duke, VT's got a win over UNC, Duke's got wins over UVA and GT, Pitt's got a win over UVA, UVA's got wins over VT and UVA, and GT's got wins over VT and Miami.)

I hope both teams lose! Seriously, should be interesting.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm for anyone playing VA Tech if only to make Ohio State look even worse for losing at home to them.

Reactions: 1 person
I know they've got a lot of injuries, but the only way that makes it okay to be this bad is if they lost their entire starting defense and offense.

Let me also add to that: they gave him a 2 year extension before the first game of the 2014 season after going 7-6 and 8-5 in 2012 and 2013, respectively.

Let me also add to that: they gave him a 2 year extension before the first game of the 2014 season after going 7-6 and 8-5 in 2012 and 2013, respectively.

I mean, can a school like VA Tech fire a guy like Beamer? He IS their program. If they don't extend him, he can't recruit, and then they'll suck even worse. They're certainly terrible this season though.

I mean, can a school like VA Tech fire a guy like Beamer? He IS their program. If they don't extend him, he can't recruit, and then they'll suck even worse. They're certainly terrible this season though.

I wasn't talking about firing him, though. I get your point.

The thing was though, he was still under contract through 2017 before this happened.

Why add two more years at this point in his contract?

Or better yet, if you're going to do it, why not do it at the end of previous season, rather than 3 days before this season starts?

(seriously, the way they did it almost comes across as trying to hush fans or hot seat rumors or something)

Miami might show up in the "also receiving votes" section of the polls after tonight's game.

Is VT even going to make a bowl game? They're going to drop to 4-4.

They've got to win 2 more games, and while they still get to play Wake Forest, they've also got to play Boston College (4-3), Duke (6-1), and UVA (4-3)

Is VT even going to make a bowl game? They're going to drop to 4-4.

They've got to win 2 more games, and while they still get to play Wake Forest, they've also got to play Boston College (4-3), Duke (6-1), and UVA (4-3)

They'll beat Wake and BC to make the "Who Gives a Rat's A$$" ACC bowl tie in. Same with Miami.

VN Store

Back