DMN: SMU Offers Mack Brown 4M Per...

They ought to pay me 1 million dollars and I can sign them a 10x better coach for 3 million per year.

I think it's a smart hire for their program. I also think that's way too much money to pay him

He'd be in his 70's by the time the contract came up for renewal. Look, I have no issue with Mack coaching again. I don't have this built in hate for him. He was a great coach and great rep for that school in Austin. He deserves a lot more respect then others show around this state, particularly around here in CStat.

SMU deserves better though and if they are committed to make serious changes in that program, they'd look for someone younger that would be more proactive in recruiting. An elderly coach can assemble a good staff for that I know, but a young guy that is hands on in that aspect would serve them better. I've thrown out some ideas about this up coming hire and my radar is a little bigger just because I follow TXHSFB fairly closely. The next coach at SMU should be the guy calling plays in Navasota Texas right now. Larry Fedora's brother, Lee.

He'd be in his 70's by the time the contract came up for renewal. Look, I have no issue with Mack coaching again. I don't have this built in hate for him. He was a great coach and great rep for that school in Austin. He deserves a lot more respect then others show around this state, particularly around here in CStat.

SMU deserves better though and if they are committed to make serious changes in that program, they'd look for someone younger that would be more proactive in recruiting. An elderly coach can assemble a good staff for that I know, but a young guy that is hands on in that aspect would serve them better. I've thrown out some ideas about this up coming hire and my radar is a little bigger just because I follow TXHSFB fairly closely. The next coach at SMU should be the guy calling plays in Navasota Texas right now. Larry Fedora's brother, Lee.
Lee is a very good coach but HS coaches aren't good at making the jump...see Todd Dodge. SMU should go after Dino Babers. Two years at EIU (19-7, 14-1...2 COYs) and year three at BG (5-3, 3-1...another COY in his back pocket) they couldn't do better.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...JXe5Agz_2vTScsX-1P_4wXA&bvm=bv.77880786,d.aWw

VN Store

Back