North Carolina Sports Academic Scandal

OCVol82

1400 student athletes dating back over 18 years...given passing scores in non existent classes, many of whom were football players.

Whats the chance we get that bowl game reversed from a few years back?

Yes, I am desperate.

Reactions: 1 person
1400 student athletes dating back over 18 years...given passing scores in non existent classes, many of whom were football players.

Whats the chance we get that bowl game reversed from a few years back?

Yes, I am desperate.

Even if they have to vacate that bowl game, we still dont get the victory. There is no such thing as a reversal of a game result, they would only vacate it.

Well they have a handful of top 300 recruits that we can cannibalize.

Also I think this really makes Shy Tuttle a lock to stay with UT, not that I saw him flipping anywho.

Reactions: 2 people
yea they will more than likely lose some serious schollys going forward which could help us "cannibalize" some of their existing recruits, as the above poster mentioned. This would be the only help for us as a University moving forward. The vacated wins are a BS NCAA trick in my opinion....the games were played who cares about your record. Scholarships are much more important to the here and now.

If the University knew/aided in these classes, which is looks like they did, the death penalty should absolutely be on the table for their athletics. I think the death penalty is used for "complete lack of institutional control" I think 20 years of fraud would fall under that category. what say you?

Reactions: 2 people
Even if they gave us the win, which they won't, it wouldn't mean anything to anybody with a brain as we lost on the field.

i like the ...get their recruits...didnt even think of that...the death penalty would be huge for their athletics...

They don't forfeit games that have already been played. They vacate them. You forfeit future games not past ones

That's what I keep hearing and yet we do count the '93 Alabama tie as a win...Check Phil Fulmer's coaching record - there is no reference to any tie.

NO! We didn't lose that game at ALL!!! The ****ING rule was changed AFTER the game, remember???? They should've never gotten a chance to kick the FG over again. GAME ****ING OVER at that time!!!!

That's what I keep hearing and yet we do count the '93 Alabama tie as a win...Check Phil Fulmer's coaching record - there is no reference to any tie.

How we count things is not the same as how the NCAA counts them. Just look at the 607 national titles Bama claims

Surely they will receive at least a two year bowl ban. Hopefully they have some good OT's that would like to transfer to a nearby SEC school to finish up there collegiate years.

Surely they will receive at least a two year bowl ban. Hopefully they have some good OT's that would like to transfer to a nearby SEC school to finish up there collegiate years.

Regardless of what the penalties are it has damaged their reputation beyond immediate repair. It took Georgia about ten years to recover from all the bad publicity that the Jan Kemp scandal brought in the '80s and this is basically the same thing and it's great for us. We recruit that state hard and it's talent rich.

VN Store

Back