Pearl "interrupts class"

Auburn will be better. But his assistant staff is much, much worse than he had here.

Lol you guys sound like you just saw your ex at the mall with the guy she dumped you for. He was our coach. He broke NCAA rules. He did it all to himself. Auburn looks shady for hiring him.

Reactions: 2 people
Lol you guys sound like you just saw your ex at the mall with the guy she dumped you for. He was our coach. He broke NCAA rules. He did it all to himself. Auburn looks shady for hiring him.

Wrong. UT was stupid for firing him. There have been coaches who did far worse than Pearl and kept their jobs.

He should have been punished but not fired. Auburn doesn't look shady at all. They hired him after his punishment.

Knee jerk firings have done wonders for UT sports.

Reactions: 11 people
Wrong. UT was stupid for firing him. There have been coaches who did far worse than Pearl and kept their jobs.

He should have been punished but not fired. Auburn doesn't look shady at all. They hired him after his punishment.

He was given a show cause penalty by the NCAA, they had no choice but to fire him.

Reactions: 1 person

I can't believe 3 people liked this post. Criticize Tennessee all you want for not trying to rehire him (if in fact they didn't), but given the position they were put in, UT had no choice but to fire him. Anyone denying that is doing so based on emotions devoid of any of the facts of the case. The firing was anything but "knee jerk".

I don't think most of you understand what a show cause order is. It just means that anyone who wanted to employ him as a coach during the 3 year period needed to ask for a hearing to show cause why they should be able to hire him. Bruce had more than enough good to offset the bad that the suspension would've probably been greatly reduced or completely waived. It might have put the AD on some thinner ice but I think that in the wake of Miami we can all see that the NCAA doesn't have the stones to use lack of institutional control anymore. UTAD is weak and will not fight for its programs and coaches. It's part of the problem we can't do better than our sixth choice on the list for 3million a year.

I can't believe 3 people liked this post. Criticize Tennessee all you want for not trying to rehire him (if in fact they didn't), but given the position they were put in, UT had no choice but to fire him. Anyone denying that is doing so based on emotions devoid of any of the facts of the case. The firing was anything but "knee jerk".

Get a lawyer and fight it and the NCAA shrivels up and dies....heck Cam Newtons dad offered his son for cash and the NCAA changed a rule to allow him to stay in school.

Texas A&M hires the same lawyer and Manziel misses a half a football for the same crime that Gurley may miss the season for.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think most of you understand what a show cause order is. It just means that anyone who wanted to employ him as a coach during the 3 year period needed to ask for a hearing to show cause why they should be able to hire him. Bruce had more than enough good to offset the bad that the suspension would've probably been greatly reduced or completely waived. It might have put the AD on some thinner ice but I think that in the wake of Miami we can all see that the NCAA doesn't have the stones to use lack of institutional control anymore. UTAD is weak and will not fight for its programs and coaches. It's part of the problem we can't do better than our sixth choice on the list for 3million a year.
Not to mention, the violation Pearl got caught up in is no longer a violation. Let that sink in! Why, because it was a stupid rule to begin with.fn NCAA Nazis

Reactions: 2 people

You don't have a clue. Research is your friend.

You realize he was punished for lying, right? If he had merely said "yeah that's me in the picture", he would still be UT's coach.

Given this, it makes our AD look even dumber for firing him.

Except Hamilton was likely Pearl's biggest supporter in all of this. Cheek is the reason Pearl is gone and why he was never coming back, not Hamilton.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back