Destroyer of Nihilists
#6 in Coaches Poll

Starting Lineup (My Prediction):
Marcus Paige PG
Theo Pinson SG
JP Tokoto F
Brice Johnson F
Kennedy Meeks C

At least I think that would be the most effective lineup, possibly substituting Joel Berry for Pinson, or even Justin Jackson for Pinson to provide a bigger set.

My predictions for:
Regular season: 26 wins
ACC Finish: 2nd
ACC Tournament: Runner-up
NCAA Tournament: Elite 8

Oh, and this:

North Carolina investigation says advisers pushed sham classes - ESPN

Here's hoping for a good season of basketball and few sanctions!

GTHC! Sorry Volprof, my first contribution to the thread had to talk a little smack.:) it should be an interesting season.

I've only read the news articles of the report and not the report itself but it is damaging to the UNC Athletics Department and also to the school's lack of control over the AFAM Dept.

I went to NC State a long time ago but I don't take any pleasure in reading about this stuff. Its sad to see how far people were willing to go just to keep athletes eligible. I also think the football and basketball coaches knew but weren't willing or didn't want to shut down the "paper classes".

#6 in Coaches Poll

Starting Lineup (My Prediction):
Marcus Paige PG
Theo Pinson SG
JP Tokoto F
Brice Johnson F
Kennedy Meeks C

At least I think that would be the most effective lineup, possibly substituting Joel Berry for Pinson, or even Justin Jackson for Pinson to provide a bigger set.

My predictions for:
Regular season: 26 wins
ACC Finish: 2nd
ACC Tournament: Runner-up
NCAA Tournament: Elite 8

Oh, and this:

North Carolina investigation says advisers pushed sham classes - ESPN

Here's hoping for a good season of basketball and few sanctions!

That 12/13 matchup in Lexington should be a good one. Hopefully both teams playing well by then.

UNC will try to lay all of the blame on Debby Crowder but how do abuses such as these go on for 18 years without the knowledge/endorsement of the administration?

UNC was gaming the system and can no longer claim academic superiority or integrity, at least as it pertains to student athletes.

Funny how all of this started around '93. I'm trying to remember what happened in '91& '92. Maybe a weird coincidence, maybe not.

Reactions: 2 people
The start of basketball season kind of got buried underneath football, but I think the Heels have looked pretty good thus far. They had a quasi-struggle with NC Central, but, if memory serves, Central beat NC State last year at the hockey center and also won the MEAC. I think they're forecasted to win it again. Looked like a pretty solid team.

The week of Thanksgiving will be the test.

GTHC! Sorry Volprof, my first contribution to the thread had to talk a little smack.:) it should be an interesting season.

Should have no lack of smack this season. I already despise this year's edition of you dark blue bastards.

At Davidson today. If memory serves, that was a very close one last year in Chapel Hill. This team should get it done though.

On another note, I'm not sure where my UNC posse from last year's thread has been, but maybe they'll show up sometime soon. Or maybe they're still hiding their heads in shame.

Personally, I don't really give a damn. Whatever happens will happen no matter what, and every college cheats. Maybe some more than others.

At Davidson today. If memory serves, that was a very close one last year in Chapel Hill. This team should get it done though.

On another note, I'm not sure where my UNC posse from last year's thread has been, but maybe they'll show up sometime soon. Or maybe they're still hiding their heads in shame.

Personally, I don't really give a damn. Whatever happens will happen no matter what, and every college cheats. Maybe some more than others.

I never like seeing Davidson on the schedule. They are always a well coached team and just a tough out every time. It should be a tough one for the Heels. Not talking smack, but does it seem to you that Carolina always starts slow out of the gates and has massive improvement from mid January to March?

I never like seeing Davidson on the schedule. They are always a well coached team and just a tough out every time. It should be a tough one for the Heels. Not talking smack, but does it seem to you that Carolina always starts slow out of the gates and has massive improvement from mid January to March?

Yes, they're some tough SOBs. I can't find the game today. I even tried my illegal Internet feeds. No dice. Last resort, I figured I'd listen to the audio feed on Tarheelblue.com. You have to damn pay for it! No thanks!

Okay, I just read that they're playing at Time Warner Cable Arena, instead of at Davidson's campus. I figured, but I wasn't sure. Unless they just allotted much more tickets to the Davidson folks (since it is technically a home game), you have to assume there's a lot of UNC fans there.

Edit: found it!

Last edited:
Good win. The team looked really solid. I won't exactly say it was hostile confines for a "road game," but Davidson is just about always a tough out.

Recovered well against UCLA last night. The Florida game will tonight will be interesting. I don't think it's on TV either. It's very odd seeing two consecutive games against ranked opponents, involving UNC v. UCLA/Florida and not to have either one of them televised. I don't know that I've ever seen that. But, when you're in the loser's bracket, I guess that's what happens.

On a very related note, UNC needs to run as far away from Butler as they possibly can. All they do is just kick our asses. Give us Michigan State, Kentucky, someone we stand a chance of actually beating instead. Just please no more Butler. No mas.

VN Store

Back