Considering the state of both programs

Butch by a mile because at this point, Muschamp's shoes are in some pretty deep **** and nobody likes walking in ****

Muschamp. He will be a fantastic DC somewhere and make tons of money. Butch hasn't proven anything in the SEC yet.

Reactions: 1 person
Muschamp. He will be a fantastic DC somewhere and make tons of money. Butch hasn't proven anything in the SEC yet.
That's silly logic, yeah Butch hasn't proven anything in the SEC, but he has as a head coach elsewhere. You cant say that about chump.

This is an interesting point should Butch ever get fired. He doesn't really have an identity and isn't a known commodity like Muschamp is. Boom will have a job within a day if he's fired cause he's a hell of a defensive mind and recruiter and has proved both at every stop he's been at, including UF.

Jones is technically an offensive guy by training but his offense is pitiful and hasn't translated to big boy ball. So the recovery after may be slower for Butch.

With that said, at this time Butch is in a better position. He'll get at least 1 more and likely 2 more years at minimum, so he's still making $3mil with an opportunity to turn it around. Boom's pretty much got a casket and hole it's just a matter of when they drop it in.

That's silly logic, yeah Butch hasn't proven anything in the SEC, but he has as a head coach elsewhere. You cant say that about chump.

His point was that he'd get another DC job. You think if Butch is fired after year 3 he gets another HC job the next season? If he does it'll be at MAC level school.

Muschamp - he's about to get paid millions to not show up to work anymore.

Beat me to it.

UF fans know Muschamp isn't the answer, he'll get fired in November, get bought out and land on his feet as a DC at a major program.

At this point UT fans don't know if Jones is the answer. UT has more offensive talent than UF, yet can't score against teams with a pulse. Senior QB graduating leaves question marks at the position for 2015.

Neither coach is in a happy place right now.

Muschamp's recruiting on defense has been good to very good, as one would expect. The offensive recruiting has been weak. I reiterate my earlier posts that the lack of recruiting in Miami is a real problem.

The reason the team is so bad now is simple: there has been an excruciating inability to appreciate that whatever Driskel did in practice was not going to translate to the field, and to prepare for that by recruiting and working on someone right away, or to develop Brisset or Murphy.

They left at least in part because no one on this staff had the ability, or power, to label the continuing Driskel allegiance the abject failure that it has been.

His point was that he'd get another DC job. You think if Butch is fired after year 3 he gets another HC job the next season? If he does it'll be at MAC level school.
Yes I believe if Butch were to be fired tomorrow, he would easily get a head coaching job in a smaller conference. In my eyes that is still better than being a DC for any team, no matter what conference.

Well most people that watch the recruiting boards know we are likely headed up. Fla is just about to enter into crapville. You don't know if the new hire will blow up in their face, etc. If that happens fla could be digging a bigger pit. If the next hire sux as well, then you have where we have been. Only time will tell what the state of fu is in. It should get interesting.

Beat me to it.

UF fans know Muschamp isn't the answer, he'll get fired in November, get bought out and land on his feet as a DC at a major program.

At this point UT fans don't know if Jones is the answer. UT has more offensive talent than UF, yet can't score against teams with a pulse. Senior QB graduating leaves question marks at the position for 2015.

Neither coach is in a happy place right now.

Not on the offensive line. Games are won on the lines and UT's O-line is a disaster.

Here's a better question. Now let me qualify by saying I'm in no way advocating firing Butch or suggesting that he'll leave but at the end of the season, when Muschamp is asked to vacate the football complex, and let's pretend that UT'S job is open, which program is more attractive? I mean Butch has brought in some great young talent but we haven't really seen the fruits of his labor payoff just yet. Is Florida an easier rebuild at this point?

Here's a better question. Now let me qualify by saying I'm in no way advocating firing Butch or suggesting that he'll leave but at the end of the season, when Muschamp is asked to vacate the football complex, and let's pretend that UT'S job is open, which program is more attractive? I mean Butch has brought in some great young talent but we haven't really seen the fruits of his labor payoff just yet. Is Florida an easier rebuild at this point?

Absolutely Florida is easier. For starters whoever gets hired at Florida can walk outside his office and stumble into 4 and 5 star recruits. Also, the Tebow era is still somewhat fresh. High school seniors were one year old when Peyton played, two when we won the national title. Let that sink in a moment

Where's fla been the last two years in recruiting? I'm not sure about last year, but they are doing poorly this year. He needs to start stumbling out the door and falling into 4n5 star recruits more often, if that's the case.

Where's fla been the last two years in recruiting? I'm not sure about last year, but they are doing poorly this year. He needs to start stumbling out the door and falling into 4n5 star recruits more often, if that's the case.

Finished 6/8 last season with 4 5*..all from out of state.

UF could be ranked in top 15 in recruiting if Chump just wanted to take kids to fill class.

Yes I believe if Butch were to be fired tomorrow, he would easily get a head coaching job in a smaller conference. In my eyes that is still better than being a DC for any team, no matter what conference.

Boom will make $1mil at a BCS school while Butch would make $400k at a MAC school. Maybe I'm a money whore but money is success to me.

VN Store

Back