FSU To NCAA Playoffs

They won but they aren't that good. FSU and ND drop at least two games of in the sec

Bogus call, imo. The db stepped up and initiated contact with the slot wr. I guess he's supposed to just stand there and not try and move. Again, the wr didn't run into the db. The db was chucking him and got into him on the line first. That should make a difference.

Reactions: 3 people
When a db is playin that close to the line of scrimmage and jams the reciever off the line I don't see how it can be offensive interfference.The other 2 deffenders didn't get out to cover the reviever, it wasn't like the db he was locked up with was gonna make a play on the ball.

Reactions: 1 person
When a db is playin that close to the line of scrimmage and jams the reciever off the line I don't see how it can be offensive interfference.The other 2 deffenders didn't get out to cover the reviever, it wasn't like the db he was locked up with was gonna make a play on the ball.

Not sure if I remember the rule correctly, but the WR was blocking down the field before and during the time the ball was in the air. Now if the receiver that caught the ball was behind the line scrimmage when he caught the ball it probably would have been a legal play.

I think it was the correct call, basically two of the dbs could have gotten to the area and were being impeded to the area. It was either pass interference or illegal blocking down field, take your pick. It was basically a 4 yard up the field screen, you can't do that.

They sold what was left of their integrity to get there. So we'll see how their defiance and self - delusion play out down the line.

Bogus call, imo. The db stepped up and initiated contact with the slot wr. I guess he's supposed to just stand there and not try and move. Again, the wr didn't run into the db. The db was chucking him and got into him on the line first. That should make a difference.

You are thinking of 2 different guys.

#20 is the one who gets locked up by the DB. The DB can jam him for as long as he likes if he is within the 5 yards of LOS. Legal.

#7 is the one who runs the pick play. Illegal.

#88 caught the TD.

Not sure if I remember the rule correctly, but the WR was blocking down the field before and during the time the ball was in the air. Now if the receiver that caught the ball was behind the line scrimmage when he caught the ball it probably would have been a legal play.

I think it was the correct call, basically two of the dbs could have gotten to the area and were being impeded to the area. It was either pass interference or illegal blocking down field, take your pick. It was basically a 4 yard up the field screen, you can't do that.

Yeah, illegally blocking down field would make more sense. I understand the db can make contact within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, but that rule is kinda crazy when the ball is inside the 5 yard line.

You are thinking of 2 different guys.

#20 is the one who gets locked up by the DB. The DB can jam him for as long as he likes if he is within the 5 yards of LOS. Legal.

#7 is the one who runs the pick play. Illegal.

#88 caught the TD.

They called the penalty on the wr Linsey was on. And Linsey jumped forward at the snap of the ball to initiate contact. The wr then is trying to move forward, but is locked up, and they flagged him.

They very well could've called the wrong number. Happens all the time.

Looking at the video you can tell exactly which WR runs the pick and it's obvious.

The fact that a second WR got jammed is irrelevant. DBs were prevented from being in the area due to illegal blocking while the QB had the ball.

It's a judgment call. I think the reason people are so upset about it is that it allowed probably the most loathed team to win again.

It's a judgment call. I think the reason people are so upset about it is that it allowed probably the most loathed team to win again.

Exactly. Those calling for the whistles to be swallowed are the same that would be up in arms if the roles were reversed and FSU was allowed to score and win on a play like that.

:hi:

VN Store

Back