Can college players have headsets in helmets?

roddo518

Coach
I don't think they can. It sure appeared that okla had someone wired up on defense in the okla-kstate game. Who was stoops yelling to when kstate was trying to get a 3rd and short to run out the clock? It looked like he was yelling for a player to cover someone in a pass into his headset because it was a surprise call by kstate..does anyone else think that a team could and would cheat that way?

I've heard amouncers say before a player was mic'd up. I thought I heard wrong?

Well, I've heard the qb and one guy on defense has a headset in the NFL. The only reason I think stoops headset was connected to a players helmet was the way he was talking into the mic just before the 3rd and short play to run out clock. If Ya get a chance to watch a rerun of the game, look how he was yelling into it. It looked like he was trying to get a guy to align right and he sensed the play that was coming. Strange you would yell at a coach in the press box in that manner. He can't do anything a second before the snap. Just was curious to me.

ARTICLE 10. Players may not be equipped with any electronic, mechanical
or other signal devices for the purpose of communicating with any source
(Exception: A medically prescribed hearing aid of the sound-amplifier type for
hearing-impaired players).
PENALTY—Administer as a dead-ball foul. 15 yards at the succeeding spot.
Player is disqualified

Reactions: 1 person
It looked fishy to me. Yall watch those last minutes and see what yall think if they show a replay of stoops and okie.

Well, I yell at players all the time, from the stands and from the couch. Don't know that that automatically implies being mic'd.

VN Store

Back